`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1998-99 Finest Break + set needs

1998-99 Finest Break + set needs
So I busted a box of Series I today chasing the set. I still need a few if anyone has them.

102- Vlade Divac
110- Aaron McKie
115- Lee Mayberry
116- Tracy Murray
118- Sam Perkins

As for the "hits"
-2 Jordan Base
-No Protectors: Mutombo, Tim Hardaway, Dale Davis, Keith Van Horn, Larry Johnson, Bryant Reeves
-Refractors: Arvydas Sabonis and Adonal Foyle

-No Protector Refractor: Keith Van Horn

-Hardwood Honors: Wesley Person

-Then I was really confused when I pulled what looked like a black filler only to realize it was a Finest Mystery: Gary Payton, Vin Baker Refractor

I picked up the box to finish the set (already have Series II), and I had a lot of fun busting it. Wish I could have hit a nice Jordan for trade bait though.

RE: 1998-99 Finest Break + set needs
Yeah that's pretty much how my boxes of these have gone. Keith Van Horn haunts me, as does Shareef Abdur-Rahim haha.

May want to get ahold of crimedawg, he may need that Payton.

I'll check my commons boxes for those set fillers!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-14-2013, 09:34 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Yeah that's pretty much how my boxes of these have gone. Keith Van Horn haunts me, as does Shareef Abdur-Rahim haha.

May want to get ahold of crimedawg, he may need that Payton.

I'll check my commons boxes for those set fillers!
That's too funny. I'm pretty sure Abdur-Rahim was my "hit" for no protector and refractor no protector in the Series II box I busted a few months ago.

(01-14-2013, 09:41 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: That's too funny. I'm pretty sure Abdur-Rahim was my "hit" for no protector and refractor no protector in the Series II box I busted a few months ago.
I have his atomic refractor from 97-98 bowman's best, his driving forces f/x card /500 from 98-99 encore (only box I ever broke) and his home court advantage plus parallel /500 from '98 UD Hardcourt (only box I ever broke).

Considering putting them on the 'bay as a lot just to get them the heck out of here haha.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Keith van horn has been all over my late 90s rips too. Kinda sick of this guy. These rips are killing me. My 96-97 Bowmans Best was solid but everything else has been rough.

(01-14-2013, 08:02 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: -Then I was really confused when I pulled what looked like a black filler only to realize it was a Finest Mystery:
yeah that happened to me as well... I actually thought it was one of those things that you have to rub, and because fo the heat it changes color or shows an image, lol

Nice mjs
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK