`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
COMC Question.....

RE: COMC Question.....
Also remember the prices on the new site include the shipping cost already added so it seems like the prices are jacked up compared to the old site but it's not that bad. Not to say yes some sellers are asking a premium.

(01-12-2013, 03:43 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I don't even bother negotiating
This could be part of the problem. Just because you have a price in mind doesn't mean the seller automatically has to sell it at that price, which may not be realistic compared to what a card truly sells for. Negotiating means having a little give and take, not My way or else.

A couple of side notes here:
Sellers cannot ask whatever they want on COMC. The maximum allowed for a card with an established value is 5x book. The only time a seller can set the price is when a card has no book value, such as a 1/1 or if the card is graded.

Book values are viewable for now if a user is signed into the site. This will change once the original site is completely retired because of the terms of Beckett's licensing agreement with COMC.

The majority of sellers on the site, including me, are more than willing to negotiate TO A POINT. I at least counter every offer sent to me if I don't flat out take it. I also price my inventory based on expecting every buyer to offer half my asking price, the lowest allowable offer percentage. Based on my buying experience on the site I have found that my selling philosophy is a commonly shared strategy.

(01-13-2013, 04:27 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: This could be part of the problem. Just because you have a price in mind doesn't mean the seller automatically has to sell it at that price, which may not be realistic compared to what a card truly sells for. Negotiating means having a little give and take, not My way or else.

A couple of side notes here:
Sellers cannot ask whatever they want on COMC. The maximum allowed for a card with an established value is 5x book. The only time a seller can set the price is when a card has no book value, such as a 1/1 or if the card is graded.

Book values are viewable for now if a user is signed into the site. This will change once the original site is completely retired because of the terms of Beckett's licensing agreement with COMC.

The majority of sellers on the site, including me, are more than willing to negotiate TO A POINT. I at least counter every offer sent to me if I don't flat out take it. I also price my inventory based on expecting every buyer to offer half my asking price, the lowest allowable offer percentage. Based on my buying experience on the site I have found that my selling philosophy is a commonly shared strategy.
if only they would follow your strategy I would so be a happy man. I sometimes come up a dime short from a sellers asking price and have had them turn down my offer. That and the new Offer Strike system they have is stupid. 3 strikes and you can't make an offer on that card anymore. It was supposed to be for those buyers who offer some crazy offer sellers are now giving strikes on any offer that is not to their liking. Which I get but what if later on they are willing to take the amount offered?

[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(01-13-2013, 04:27 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: This could be part of the problem. Just because you have a price in mind doesn't mean the seller automatically has to sell it at that price, which may not be realistic compared to what a card truly sells for. Negotiating means having a little give and take, not My way or else.
I am not saying they have to sell it at that price. I am just saying I will either buy it for the price that you have listed, or I won't. I don't bother with offers. I buy far too many cards to try to keep up with where negotiations are on each one. My transactions are: seller offers $XXX price. I do or do not click buy. That is the extent of the negotiations I am willing to enter in to.

And I agree with Aviator, it is probably great for base and lower priced stuff, it just gets dumb because I am only buying autos and patches usually.

"I also price my inventory based on expecting every buyer to offer half my asking price, the lowest allowable offer percentage. Based on my buying experience on the site I have found that my selling philosophy is a commonly shared strategy."

It IS a commonly shared strategy. That's my point. Ah well, I guess that's the new thing and I will just have to stick to auctions or items priced where I will buy them. Not that big of a deal, Ebay always did have a FAR better selection to choose from anyway. Just sad because I used to like COMC quite a bit. And at least the auctions on Ebay, I can just continue to put my price in Gixen and see what happens!

+1 for COMC. As an ebay user for 13+ years, I can say COMC has helped my collection far beyond what I ever could have imagined with eBay.
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile