`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1982 Wrestling All Stars coverage in Beckett...

1982 Wrestling All Stars coverage in Beckett...
I just wanted to say thanks for increasing the coverage on these great sets.

In this months Beckett the 1982 sets are listed as one of the top 10 to collect in the other sports category and I couldn't agree more.

These sets are everything you could want in a trading card. Low print run, great photos, excellent story behind the cards and condition sensitive.

This is one of the few sets where there are some cards that won't even grade mint let alone gem mint.

Everyone had a favorite wrestler growing up and the sets have wrestlers that were major stars in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and even today.

It is a tremendous set of cards and great that it is getting some attention.

RE: 1982 Wrestling All Stars coverage in Beckett...
(01-14-2013, 06:30 PM)dpeck1000 Wrote: I just wanted to say thanks for increasing the coverage on these great sets.

In this months Beckett the 1982 sets are listed as one of the top 10 to collect in the other sports category and I couldn't agree more.

These sets are everything you could want in a trading card. Low print run, great photos, excellent story behind the cards and condition sensitive.

This is one of the few sets where there are some cards that won't even grade mint let alone gem mint.

Everyone had a favorite wrestler growing up and the sets have wrestlers that were major stars in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and even today.

It is a tremendous set of cards and great that it is getting some attention.
Where's the "like" button for this?

Hello there, I am new to this forum! I too, agree that this first 1982 All Stars Wrestling Set, particularly Series A, is one of the nicest and hardest to find sets - especially in NM-M condition. With that said, I OWN Set A from the inaugural series in NN condition and would be willing to let them go for a decent price! I ordered them through mail-away order like they were sold as, back in "the day" and looked at them for the 3rd time ever since I purchased them. They are ALL in INCREDIBLE shape with SHARP edges, SHARP corners, the works! SOOO.... if you are looking for this Set A in what I would say could ALL be graded as a 9, then I'll let them go to the right buyer. I've been a wrestling collector for over 30 years, I know my stuff, and I am now a successful promoter and a professional wrestler in the Canadian Maritimes myself. If anyone wants these, let me know. I can be reached by email at msw_wrestle@hotmail.com I also have Series A of the 1983 set - same Grade 9 condition - they all look like Grade 9 as well. I seriously have only looked at this cards a total of 3 times since buying them, I just collected so much stuff as a kid that when it came in the mail most of it just got stored on the shelf with everything else. I looked at them last night for the third time only because I've heard so much about them lately. I understand that the Hulk Hogan card in the '82 Set A has been known to have a blotch or printing smear/spot to the right of Hogan's head. Well I can tell you that my Hogan card does NOT have this defect and it is beautiful! Anyway, if anyone's interested in a complete Grade 9 Set of the '82 Wrestling All Stars Set A or '83 Set A, spread the word. I will sell them for the right price, and I'm not greedy.

Hello there, I am new to this forum! I too, agree that this first 1982 All Stars Wrestling Set, particularly Series A, is one of the nicest and hardest to find sets - especially in NM-M condition. With that said, I OWN Set A from the inaugural series in NN condition and would be willing to let them go for a decent price! I ordered them through mail-away order like they were sold as, back in "the day" and looked at them for the 3rd time ever since I purchased them. They are ALL in INCREDIBLE shape with SHARP edges, SHARP corners, the works! SOOO.... if you are looking for this Set A in what I would say could ALL be graded as a 9, then I'll let them go to the right buyer. I've been a wrestling collector for over 30 years, I know my stuff, and I am now a successful promoter and a professional wrestler in the Canadian Maritimes myself. If anyone wants these, let me know. I can be reached by email at msw_wrestle@hotmail.com I also have Series A of the 1983 set - same Grade 9 condition - they all look like Grade 9 as well. I seriously have only looked at this cards a total of 3 times since buying them, I just collected so much stuff as a kid that when it came in the mail most of it just got stored on the shelf with everything else. I looked at them last night for the third time only because I've heard so much about them lately. I understand that the Hulk Hogan card in the '82 Set A has been known to have a blotch or printing smear/spot to the right of Hogan's head. Well I can tell you that my Hogan card does NOT have this defect and it is beautiful! Anyway, if anyone's interested in a complete Grade 9 Set of the '82 Wrestling All Stars Set A or '83 Set A, spread the word. I will sell them for the right price, and I'm not greedy.

Hello there, I am new to this forum! I too, agree that this first 1982 All Stars Wrestling Set, particularly Set A, is one of the nicest and hardest to find sets - especially in NM-M condition. With that said, I OWN Set A from the inaugural series in NM condition and would be willing to let them go for a decent price! I ordered them through mail-away order like they were sold as, back in "the day" and looked at them for the 3rd time ever since I purchased them. They are ALL in INCREDIBLE shape with SHARP edges, SHARP corners, the works! SOOO.... if you are looking for this Set A in what I would say could ALL be graded as a 9, then I'll let them go to the right buyer. I've been a wrestling collector for over 30 years, I know my stuff, and I am now a successful promoter and a professional wrestler in the Canadian Maritimes myself. If anyone wants these, let me know. I can be reached by email at msw_wrestle@hotmail.com I also have Series A of the 1983 set - same Grade 9 condition - they all look like Grade 9 as well. I seriously have only looked at these cards a total of 3 times since buying them, I just collected so much stuff as a kid that when it came in the mail most of it just got stored on the shelf with everything else. I looked at them last night for the third time only because I've heard so much about them lately. I understand that the Hulk Hogan card in the '82 Set A has been known to have a blotch or printing smear/spot to the right of Hogan's head. Well I can tell you that my Hogan card does NOT have this defect and it is beautiful! Anyway, if anyone's interested in a complete Grade 9 Set of the '82 Wrestling All Stars Set A or '83 Set A, spread the word. I will sell them for the right price, and I'm not greedy.

I sent you an email. Thanks.