Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Ginter box

RE: 2012 Ginter box
Good luck Smile

Haha thanks Smile

I can honestly say that I've never purchased a single box of cards. 100% of the cards I have were traded for or purchased individually. Same with the sets I have; didn't put them together, just bought 'em.

Is busting wax really worth it? In the last few months I've seen stuff on here ranging from absolutely friggin' amazing (the lucky person that pulled the 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Auto Superfractor, albeit a redemption :S) to absolutely crappy, like your box of A&G.

Maybe one day I'll save up some money and buy a box of something. Only recently did I discover that Dave and Adam's Card World is located in Buffalo, NY, and I can literally throw a stone across the Niagara River and it would reach Buffalo since I live in Fort Erie, Ontario. I might have to get off my butt and go about getting my passport and jet on over to D&A and see what I can get. I guess I'm just one of those people that worries about dropping $100.00 on a box of whatever and ending up with a bunch of cards whose BV don't even add up to what I spent on the box. Mind you, I've heard about some great pulls from people who have bought from D&A.

That is where i get al my cards at.
But ya its like playing lotto lol. Sometime ya win alot sometimes is so so, and then you dont get crap lol.

I like busting wax alot just for the fact you never know whats gonna be inside.
When I order a box im like a kid on Dec 24th lol

Yeah opening a box is exciting for me. It's true sometimes you don't get much, but when you do it feels great.

Don't forget to turn the minis over. Look for cards that don't have numbers ("no numbers") or hand-numbered cards (/25). The minis (especially the black-bordered) can really add up. Do yourself a favor and enter each one into the Org. You might be surprised. (the fast way to do this is to break down the cards by type. Do a pile of base, inserts, minis, etc.) Then, just tick off the box for each and when you're done with a pile, click "add to org." You can input a whole hobby box in about 15 minutes.

Not every box is a winner. Usually I'm disappointed if the BV is less than 2x what I paid for the box. Anything above 3X is great and 4x is awesome. You win some, you lose some.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Yes check all the odd ball minis 2010 had great ones. Tooth fairy and others made great trades of them and to me a fairly good market out there for minis

O trust me guys Lol I went threw every card and entered it into my org. Then I went looked at everyone before putting in my trade box. Guess it was just a dud box lol

2013 looks nice. Pele auto should bring more outside attention plus different frames and guarantee of wont get same frames in the same box