`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on trade issue??

RE: Opinions on trade issue??
I have to agree with you on a trading front. I wouldn't have done that trade either. On a buying front I have been the point person between 2 people on 2 different boards a couple of times. It is a little difficult, but in these cases I didn't have a horse in the race, I was merely getting the 2 to agree to a deal then letting paypal handle the rest. I have also been involved in cases where I know someone needs a card and the two parties are just a little off on their deal, and I basically cover the gap for them. For example, one guy wants to pay $150 and the seller is at $175, I have covered that $25 so a friend of mine can get the card and the seller gets what he wants as well. I get the satisfaction that both parties are happy with it. But going back, on a trading front if it were not specifically spoken about beforehand, dump the deal and walk away. I would do the same thing.

Alex

you should post the ID's for all to see.. better to know who the potential bad traders are so someone else doesn't get scammed.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I'm not really one for posting member names, but I think I would on this one. Just so no one else gets strung along by this person.

(01-14-2013, 01:06 AM)krn001 Wrote: So knowing the situation was I wrong?
I would do the same, 1 or more wasn't up front with accurate details. The trade you agreed to was then altered with the card from another person & expect you to be ok with that?
I don't know if you can block this person but maybe you can forward the messages to Beckett as harassment.
Keep us posted.

[/quote]

Would you still share the same opinion if it was two traders who both have feedback over 200? Its was a tough call for me and I did give it a couple minutes to think about it. I have traded with A LOT ofpeople on here over the past decade or so, but I don't know, KNOW, anyone on here really.

And like I mentioned after the nonsense that took place with another member on another site who had over 200 feedback and took a bunch of people for tens of thousands I am just being cautious. The thing that got me was the ridiculous PMs I got from the guy I didn't even trade with.

(01-14-2013, 01:18 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Erik, How would you have handled this when you were the MOD here?

PM the 3rd parties info to Bob, and let him check them out as something sure does sound fishy about the whole thing, especially the part about agreeing to a trade then claiming to be moving out of the country ?
Its tough to say how I would have handled it, when I moderated it was an entirely different site, no organizer, different rules, different owners, ect. I can say its a thankless job I never want a part of again on this or any site ever again. Smile

I prefer to handle my own stuff as long as I can for my own personal reasons I cannot get into. Wink I don't believe anyone is going to get taken by either member, but I just had zero interest in the double and triple trading of cards. Especially without my consent. At worst the members are trading cards that aren't there's and sharing each others collections. Funny thing is I've dealt with both members on separate occasions awhile back, but like I mentioned I just don't care to be told after the fact the card was basically double traded and I was getting it from the second party.

The thing about them mentioning moving out of the country just was one of those red flags I couldn't ignore. Its probably not a big deal, but when the second red flag about the other part of my trade being sent to me by someone else it was two red flags and I bailed on the deal.

(01-14-2013, 10:22 AM)thepozr Wrote: I'm not really one for posting member names, but I think I would on this one. Just so no one else gets strung along by this person.
If I was going to out anyone I would have done it in the first thread. The parties no who they are. I am sure the read this thread and my point has been made. I feel this is just a case of people bending the rules. The trend I've noticed is trader a trades with trader b, trader a trades trader b's card to trader c (without getting it yet), trader a trades trader c's card to trader d (without getting any of the cards yet) and trader a then posts trader d's card (without getting trader b's, c's or d's end yet.

Its just a trend I don't care for. I don't know lets say trader B's card shows up and the Ryan Braun Manufactured patch is completely bent in half and now the trades off with trader c and trader d. Just poor trading ethics in my book. The parties claim to not be actually trading the card, but thats obviously not true.
(01-14-2013, 10:05 AM)showstopper2 Wrote: you should post the ID's for all to see.. better to know who the potential bad traders are so someone else doesn't get scammed.
I don't think anyone's getting scammed, I just felt I had a right to bail on the trade and as I mentioned with two red flags up I chose to do so. I just feel the traders are bending the rules and I didn't appreciate not being told before hand.

(01-14-2013, 09:45 AM)alexs64 Wrote: I have to agree with you on a trading front. I wouldn't have done that trade either. On a buying front I have been the point person between 2 people on 2 different boards a couple of times. It is a little difficult, but in these cases I didn't have a horse in the race, I was merely getting the 2 to agree to a deal then letting paypal handle the rest. I have also been involved in cases where I know someone needs a card and the two parties are just a little off on their deal, and I basically cover the gap for them. For example, one guy wants to pay $150 and the seller is at $175, I have covered that $25 so a friend of mine can get the card and the seller gets what he wants as well. I get the satisfaction that both parties are happy with it. But going back, on a trading front if it were not specifically spoken about beforehand, dump the deal and walk away. I would do the same thing.

Alex
Thats where I am coming from, I've worked triple trades out in the past. However it was mutually agreed upon and was posted in the agreed upon deal. In my deal if trader A needed a little extra to get a deal done and needed to trade for a card from trader B they should have completely a trade with them and after getting the card sent me the offer.

They did claim they thought they had the card in hand, I am not sold thats 100% the honest truth however. As one of the traders told me they like to only ship their ends several weeks worth of trades at once. Who knows though, our hobby isn't the most honest and trust worthy ones out there unfortunately. Its full of the little white lies, to rule bending, to the all out scammers.

(01-14-2013, 08:57 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: You did the right thing for sure.
Ignore the other trader..it does not matter if they are mad..so what?
The original trader seems ok to cancel..now to get it off your trade section without negative comments..
I am pretty confident neither party will leave any negative feedback. If it wasn't for the second person being immature about the whole matter it wouldn't have been a big deal at all. I actually felt bad that I felt the need to back out of the deal. However after the trusted member on the other site took a lot of people I figure I'd better just play it safe when curve balls are thrown my way in trades I'm not comfortable dealing with.
(01-14-2013, 08:25 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you did the right thing, and personally, i want to know the parties involved, and i think it should be made public. if they want to defend their side, let them do so publicly
They are some of the two more active members on beckett so as I mentioned before if I were going to out anyone or felt it was serious enough to do so I would have in my initial thread. I share no ill feelings towards the trader I actually traded with, he was annoyed I was annoyed we'll both get over it. However the other trader who wasn't even supposed to be involved I cannot see myself trading with them again because of their need to bash me through PM telling me to leave beckett.......blah blah blah....whatever other nonsense they were spouting from their high horse.

I just wanted opinions as I do realize over the years and dealing with nonsense in the hobby I understand I have grown a tad sour and sometimes react to certain situations harsher than I would have liked to or even used to. And wanted people's honest opinions, if I got flamed because I was wrong I would have taken it. Its just sometimes good to get an outside perspective on certain matters.
(01-14-2013, 07:47 AM)muz0 Wrote: Unless it was stated somewhere before the deal was accepted, you did the right thing. I personally will never do that kinda of trade unless you were in the same room with me. Furthermore, you can easilly tell this person to stop harassing you and it was them who actually broke the rules etc etc.
I did, it resulted in more mud slinging, but it is what it is. They also messaged me again however its too nice of a day to open it and let someone get under my skin and take away from me enjoying such a nice day.

If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

I think you did the right thing. I have no clue why this guy is jumping all over you, maybe because he wants to keep his scam going and you couls stop it is all I can think of. Perhaps you can forward these PMs to a mod and just add the guy to your ignore list.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I hear you man.

I fully admit, compared to many of you on here I'm still a newbie trader. I've run into very few difficult situations in my first year here on Beckett, but they all luckily ended positive. If it was me in your situation, I'm not sure how I would have handled it. Both of these traders out-number me in trades and I would have felt intimidated when I discovered they had pulled the wool over my eyes.

I'm glad that you posted this and that I now know to be weary of this situation. I'm sorry you had to go through this, but I am grateful for the heads-up.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Dude, you were totally within your right to call the deal off if there was critical info like that left out of negotiations. If someone has a card in their org and marked FT, I assume it's in hand unless it's clearly stated otherwise before acceptance of the deal.

I'm sorry to hear that it was a trader with a lot of feedback, you'd think someone who's been around for that long would have the sense of respect that most people here have. Just my thoughts.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(01-15-2013, 12:26 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: Both of these traders out-number me in trades and I would have felt intimidated when I discovered they had pulled the wool over my eyes.
Don't ever feel intimidated by the number of trades that people have. If you feel uncomfortable going forward with a trade for some reason, especially if they try to change the terms AFTER it's been agreed to, there should be nothing to worry about on your end with pulling away from the trade.

Erik, Make sure you let Bob know who the 2 parties are, as you know, we have always had a rule here of no trading or selling of incoming items due to many people getting ripped on the deals, doesn't matter how many trades they have, they deserve MSF tags, just like they would get on any of the other trade sites.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35