`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strasburg, Harper, Trout, Posey...pick one

Strasburg, Harper, Trout, Posey...pick one
So I'm going to start possibly collecting some of the newer star young guys rookie cards and I gotta ask. If you had to pick 1 of the 4 guys above, who do you think is going to have the best career when everything is all said and done? And why? For me, I gotta go with Posey. He is a terrific catcher, good teammate and hes a pretty good hitter who seems to get better and better every year.
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: Strasburg, Harper, Trout, Posey...pick one
I'd pick Posey or Trout.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

Trout, I collect him.
Busting boxes!!!

Posey already has rings
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

Posey, has rings, and an MVP already. Probably will have more of those in his future. I am very bias to catchers though.

All great players, but I think that Posey has the makings of a HOF catcher. It's too early to tell what Strasberg will be doing in the next 5 years due to his fragility. Harper is solid, but I think Trout is better by a percentage or two in all categories. I'd gamble on Posey to end up with the better career of the 4, with Trout and Harper tied for second and Strasberg the long shot of the group.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Posey with Trout a close second. Perhaps like this:
1. Posey
2. Trout
3. Strasburg, Harper
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I'd say trout. Catchers don't last long anymore without injury, but he is very good and will be good for years. Trout is already proving, plus with the teammates he has around him, will only make him better. I'd include Andrew mccutchen in that mix

I agree that Posey can have the makings of a HOF catcher provided he doesn't get hurt (catchers curse). Then i say Trout as a close second. The other two, for me would be at the bottom of my list.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

I would say Trout but unless you have a serious stash of cash somewhere his stuff is incredibly high. Strasburg might be the cheaper of the younger guys. Posey is already proven and like stated above, a catcher who has already had one serious injury. Personally I am looking at Zunino.
"It's to bad she wont live, then again who does"
[Image: eEUso.png]