`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Frustrated...

RE: Frustrated...
One thing that comes to mind for me is that you can get the entire regular topps set already completed every year for like $40. Topps does that for the regular base set and it includes all the rookies too.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(01-13-2013, 01:06 PM)nthnoak Wrote: One thing that comes to mind for me is that you can get the entire regular topps set already completed every year for like $40. Topps does that for the regular base set and it includes all the rookies too.
sometimes they package with some kind of exclusive card too....

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Yeah, don't try to put a set together by buying only boxes, especially retail ones, because it will land you in the poor house. Retail boxes have never been good to me so I stick to only buying hobby boxes. A lot of your frustration can be solved on this site by the awesome members here that are always willing to help a fellow collector out.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

PM sent
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

The smartest strategy to get the base Topps set is to pick up the entire set at once - it will be much cheaper than buying individual packs. The same with Score - of course, those are about the only sets I know of where you can buy the base sets like that.

If you want to still open stuff in the goal of getting something like autographs you are better off buying hobby boxes - for many sets, 5 blasters cost about the same as one hobby box and the one hobby box will generally have two autos and two (basically worthless in my opinion) memorabilia cards (I'm not a fan of memorabilia cards). You also get some numbered parallels, inserts, and the like - of course, keep in mind that chances are you will lose value.

If you just want to get some cool stuff, buy individual cards you like. You'd be surprised how much you can get for the price of one hobby box and how much happier you are. Even for the price of a blaster you can get some pretty cool stuff buying individual cards. Find a place which sells individual cards, and say I will buy the coolest thing (or things) I find for $20 plus tax and find out. You may never buy another blaster or hobby box again.

Welcome. You've got a lot of good advice here! Trade for the cards you need with other collectors. Sportscardforum.com is trader friendly and will yield the best results for this.

Enjoy!
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile