`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Bo Jackson card- can you help? Added links to pics this time!

RE: Unknown Bo Jackson card- can you help?
(01-13-2013, 09:36 AM)cptnemo66 Wrote: +1 When Bo knew lol.... they made TONS of these cards. Griffey, Jackson & Jorday were the most popular 3 for unlicensed cards.
And Nolan Ryan too!! I'm just curious, but what team/position did Jorday play and who is he? I've never heard of Jorday. lol.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

RE: Unknown Bo Jackson card- can you help?
(01-13-2013, 10:53 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: And Nolan Ryan too!! I'm just curious, but what team/position did Jorday play and who is he? I've never heard of Jorday. lol.
He was the blind guy who used his performance enhacing visor to dominate all the competition.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

RE: Unknown Bo Jackson card- can you help? SCANS ADDED
I can see the front scan but not the back.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: Unknown Bo Jackson card- can you help? Added links to pics this time!
Yeah, it's a broder-type card.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Pacific Trading Cards also produced a bunch of these in the late 80s early 90s before they got their MLB license. Many people lump them in with the Broders as they are all unlicensed but it is my understanding that Broders featured photographs taken by Rob Broder and many of his cards contained this information on the reverse. I have cards like this that have Pacific Trading Cards printed on the bottom and other rounded corner, full-bleed photos with Broder on the back.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Man that card is wrecked... even if it was something good it would be worthless in that condition.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

I did find it in groups of Broder cards being sold on Ebay after that was mentioned here. Thanks all for that input.
Zep thanks for the idea on Pacific Trading Cards. I'll look into that.
And I'm new at all this having just acquired this large and mostly from what I have gathered so far common collection but no idea how you can say the card is "wrecked" showstopper? I even looked at the scans again thinking maybe there were artifacts of the scan you were seeing but care to be a bit more eloquent on why it is "wrecked". Not bursting my bubble or anything- never had one- just curious or are you trying to soften me up for an offerSmile

I noticed some creases on the back, but I can't speak for showstopper2.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

The scan of the back of the card shows 5 seperate creases and 4 beat up corners... Thats why I said it was wrecked.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames