`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
To all of the people who complain about this site

RE: To all of the people who complain about this site
i think with some tweeks on filters and sorting in the trade system...nobody will ever come close to beckett.

there's another factor, however: while no site can prevent people from getting ripped off, beckett does a MUCH better job at preventing it than other sites. in fact, ill go as far as saying this: the other sites do jack bleep. period. other sites are completely the wild west. there's no sense of protection or safety and frankly, at least 2 of the sites, in the way that it is set up, encourage theft

if i was a scammer, those two sites would be the devil's playground.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your sig freaks me out when I see it lol

I like the org, only thing i do not like about the org is that you have to add the card which is fine, but then you have to go to your org and mark it has a have. or am i doing it wrong lol
Think only time I should have to mark it should be for trade or to sell it off or to change it to like I have 2 of one card
if Im adding cards to my org why cant it just be like ok you have one.
Yes I understand some people make up sets using the org and dont have the complete set, so make a option when you check the box next to the card :have: :want:.

And yes the site does seem to be running fast. I downloaded chrome tried it for a few days and didnt notice any difference and went back to firefox.

The main thing about this site is, while yes there may be a few bad traders, Beckett has limited the site to 18 and older and basically ban anyone under 18, the amount of bad trades are way,way,way less than what happen on other sites.

And while Beckett may have fewer MODS, the MODS we do have are the best, and go above and beyond to help anyone that has a problem, and we do have far fewer problems than the other sites, all the MODS here are adults, and they are very active traders, other sites, you get the 13 and 14 yr old MODS, or even MODS that are banned on other sites for bad trades, etc.....(and yes all the other sites do have a few "questionable" MODS, I am sure FLOYDTOWN can agree with that)

I know people that are great traders , all positive feedbacks, no bad trades or problems that are banned on one of the other sites because they refused to give that site their private cell phone numbers, and even unlisted telephone numbers, when asked about it, one of the MODS stated that they need the number in case there was a problem, even one of their dispute team members is BANNED here, for admitting on another trade site that he had multiple ID's here, allowed other Banned and bad traders to use his account here to log in (Yes, this is watched very closely)
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I do not use the online price that much as I don't have that extra 9$ a month. However with cards, I come to Beckett for advice because I know most of you aren't "trolling" and being jerks. I love being able to finish sets and trade base here
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

This site is probably the best for trading. I am a member of another online trading group and it is a great group of traders but it is so much easier here utilizing the ORG. Like the OP stated, it does all the pricing and math for you and it's easy to browse and search other potential traders inventory. The only beef I have with this site is when it runs slow. That and I think the subscription rates are a bit high.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I don't trade on any other site but the way things crawl here has forced me to stop trading for a while. It has been better the last week or so and I just made a couple trades yesterday. I will slowly start adding cards in my org and get things rolling again.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(01-11-2013, 12:49 AM)uvaspina Wrote: (Like ghosting out cards you already have when you're looking at someone's cards*; making cards more easily sortable by card value)

*It's can be frustrating toggling back and forth between my Org and my trader's Org (in trade view) to see whether he has any cards I need.
Before the changeover to the new site a couple of years ago, you used to be able to just pull up your wants in a trade....it was awesome. I believe Beckett said they still plan to get this into the new site.
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

(01-11-2013, 04:26 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: It's such a pain in the X that you have to load every thing into your "organize" just so you can trade.
This was difficult for me one time. Now, keeping it up is no problem, and I have 30,000+ cards listed. Organizing them is easier here than anything else I have tried, and there is no better way to advertise what I have and what I want. I will stay with this site as long as there are people to trade with, and I do not foresee that being a problem any time soon.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Disagree 100%. As I said, there is some work up front loading cards into the organize, but then after that it's quick and easy. When I buy packs from the store, I just come home and load them in. Doesn't take much time. Put it this way, if I asked you to give me a list of your Cincinnati Reds cards....how long would that take? The answer is too long and you would give me a shortened list of cards, not a complete list. Since I am a player/team collector, I collect all cards of my PC players, not just inserts, GU or AUs.

(01-11-2013, 04:26 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: This site is probably the worst for trading. It's such a pain in the X that you have to load every thing into your "organize" just so you can trade.
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

(01-10-2013, 11:40 PM)7whodey Wrote: On the other site I felt like it was 1997 and I was on AOLs trading card boards again......if anyone remembers that.
1) whats AOL Tongue
2) you're old lol
I'm just playing, I'm sorry I couldn't resist lol Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75