Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ray Allen, 900 cards

Ray Allen, 900 cards
Hi All,
I am a regular in the baseball forum but about 5 minutes ago I won an auction on ebay for 900 Ray Allen cards. I have liked Ray Allen since his UConn days (so I was intrigued by the cards) but actually bid on this lot because all the cards were in toploaders and the lot went for about $0.10 each per card (which is a fair price for toploaders alone, without cards in them). My plan is to trade/sell any of the cards and keep the toploaders.

I am hoping to trade the cards and am willing to do so in your favor but need to downsize as I have no place for 900 Ray Allen cards. Would be willing to trade down for HOF basketball, baseball or jeter cards that I can eith add to my PC or use for bait. Please let me know if this interests you. I will start loading the cards into my org as soon as they arrive in the mail and am willing to check org's. Thanks!!
Collecting Derek Jeter - primarily 1996 and earlier but will consider anything

RE: Ray Allen, 900 cards
any autos , game used or serial numered?

I'd like to point out the fact that just because they were in top loaders in the pictures of the auction does not mean the seller will ship them in toploaders.

Unless it clearly states in the auction you will get the toploaders with the cards, then your estimate of $.10 per card being less than the cost of the top loaders might be for nothing.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Dogboy: I am not sure as of yet exactly what the lot entails, but will certainly be sorting through them and updating the thread

Briankort: The title of the lot was "Huge Collection Of 900 Premium Mint Ray Allen Cards. All In Toploaders!!". Also, the seller said "Because they're all in top loaders it is quite heavy" (this I took as a reference to the shipping costs. Lastly, the pic the seller showed included them all in toploaders. If I receive them stuffed in a shoe box, my feedback will certainly reflect all of this. I expect them to arrive in toploaders. If they dont though, as direct as my feedback will be, I am still excited as ray allen is a hometown hero around here and I am a fan of him either way. Fair point though.

Anyone else who may be interested, pls keep an eye on this thread for updates. Thanks!

UPDATE: So the box arrived today with all the cards in plastic sleeves... in top loaders!!! Couldn't be happier. Will begin sorting through all this stuff over the next few weeks and updating my org.

Glad it worked out for you.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade