`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Walmart has 2012 Bowman Platinum & Topps Chrome rackpacks on sale for $5.98

RE: Walmart has 2012 Bowman Platinum & Topps Chrome rackpacks on sale for $5.98
(01-09-2013, 06:07 PM)rgf17 Wrote: Target Topps Chrome are also marked down. Bought one today just for the heck of it. Got a Harper Orange. Otherwise nothing.
I was just about to tell you folks about Target marking them down too... actually, it's the vender for both of those chains that marked them down.

My Walmart started keeping the cards behind a register to stop the pilfering (sp?) and card pack searchers ... but even though that's in place, I've had the absolute worst luck with Topps Chrome and Bowman Platinum ... no good pulls to be had in any since they came out. I think I got a Harper orange, too ... but that's about the best I've gotten so far. I know ..."Boo-freakin'-Hoo" .... I'll stop complaining now Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I went to look for discounts yesterday and I've never seen the card section so empty. There was 1 blaster of '12 Update and it was normal price. There were a few rack packs of WWE cards. None of the price tags on the shelf were changed. I didn't bother checking Target, but I might go today.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

Yeah, the Walmart by my place doesn't look like it's been replenished in months. Same with Target. I mean, I know they have been, but they just haven't brought in anything different or stocked back up on anything of interest. Most Targets I've been to have blasters on clearance for $11.98. It's not usually anything too great, but the Target closest to me has had the same ones since November - Nascar, TNA wrestling and one box of UD Heroes football. I want to keep picking up some cheap cards, but I'm not desperate enough to reach for any of those.
Kepler

(01-10-2013, 10:19 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yeah, the Walmart by my place doesn't look like it's been replenished in months. Same with Target. I mean, I know they have been, but they just haven't brought in anything different or stocked back up on anything of interest. Most Targets I've been to have blasters on clearance for $11.98. It's not usually anything too great, but the Target closest to me has had the same ones since November - Nascar, TNA wrestling and one box of UD Heroes football. I want to keep picking up some cheap cards, but I'm not desperate enough to reach for any of those.
Yes, that seems to be how are target is. They don't seem to move through cards as quickly
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I may have to check my Target out again. I know there were some Platinum rack packs hanging behind some of the others and the one I was at earlier today had the sale price up for the chrome. Maybe I can luck out and nab one another one of those purple Oscar Taveras cards. Or maybe finally finish up the two Platinum sets I've been working on. lol
Kepler

checked out my Target and they had them marked down as well - picked up a blue refractor. Also, the individual packs were marked down to 1.99 and the Topps Series 2 packs were .99

They will soon either discount the or pull them for the value boxes just a matter or hitting them at right times.

(01-09-2013, 06:44 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I was just about to tell you folks about Target marking them down too... actually, it's the vender for both of those chains that marked them down.

My Walmart started keeping the cards behind a register to stop the pilfering (sp?) and card pack searchers ... but even though that's in place, I've had the absolute worst luck with Topps Chrome and Bowman Platinum ... no good pulls to be had in any since they came out. I think I got a Harper orange, too ... but that's about the best I've gotten so far. I know ..."Boo-freakin'-Hoo" .... I'll stop complaining now Smile
I swear I don't think I've pulled a harper out of any product this year only butt loads of darvish
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(01-12-2013, 08:15 AM)Blury1 Wrote: I swear I don't think I've pulled a harper out of any product this year only butt loads of darvish
One of my rack packs had a base and an emerald Harper. That has been all I have hit as well. I do seem to get a lot more Darvish. Crazy thing for me is I haven't hit one Royals card in all of the rack packs I have bought.

(01-12-2013, 08:31 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: One of my rack packs had a base and an emerald Harper. That has been all I have hit as well. I do seem to get a lot more Darvish. Crazy thing for me is I haven't hit one Royals card in all of the rack packs I have bought.
Had to go get a couple rack packs and got nothing once again but I also bought a 2011 update blaster think I did pretty well

[Image: 287991C2-D6E7-47DE-9C9A-6F6A815EAADE-106...63f8e4.jpg]
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]