`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Kings to Seattle!

RE: Kings to Seattle!
I live 15 mins away from seattle and cant wait for us to get a team. We have a huge football fan base over here. but I have a feeling once the new sonics arrive basketball will be right up there. Im not looking forward to the kings coming, but I guess we'll take what we can get. Now all we gotta do is persuade durant, westbrook and allen to come back and we'll be good
(01-14-2013, 07:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, you're 100 percent correct, it's not about the winning ... you guys are actually, if you think about it, quite possibly the most underwhelming and unimpressive "major sports city" in the US ...

Think about it ...

No hockey (not that that really matters)

No World Series titles.

No Super Bowl titles.

One, that's ... one, NBA title.

And it was in the 1970s, aka "The Coke Era" ... when nobody noticed or cared about the NBA.

Hell, the Bullets and the Warriors won titles that decade, too.

Wow, one championship.

Total.

Ever.

Unless you count the Seattle Storm, didn't they win one? Or six?

Who knows ... or cares!

Come to think of it, the Kings are perfect for you! Enjoy!

By the way, I was really sad to see the Seahawks not get the memo on that last drive that the Falcons are actually pretty good at throwing the ball.

That Tony Gonzalez, he just might be something someday! That catch could spring board him to a great career!

Man, it's a b-tch when karma clouds up and rains down on you!

Speaking of rain ... ah, never mind, too easy.

Anyway, when the deal falls apart, you guys should try to take the Ducks away from Anaheim.

That way, you'd have "the big four" covered. Sort of.

Like you guys, they love to try to steal our team ...

Now, predictably, you'll try to reply that "at least we have those sports ..."

True. But remember ... you only have ONE more title than Sacramento!

And at least we have a good reason.
I live by seattle and i definintly agree with what you said. Our mariners suck, our seahawks are slowly improving. And I could care less about soccer. I just wish they sold the mariners and kept the sonics, at least the sonics won games. The mariners are a embarassment to the sport of baseball

I love this thread!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(01-31-2013, 05:58 AM)a2coupe2a Wrote: No different? Right..

1st off we arent lying to anyone about our intentions. Kind of a big 1..

2nd we are taking a team that isnt even originally from sacramento

If you think this is the same situation go watch sonicsgate.
Question ... are you trying to steal a team from another city?

That's what I thought. You're no different than Oklahoma City.

But thanks for playing.

Oh, and by the way ... HOW 'BOUT THEM ANAHEIM ROYALS?

What I'm really looking forward to is the NBA doing the right thing and leaving the Kings where they belong, then giving you guys an expansion team ... AND THEN KICKING YOUR CANDY A--ES ALL OVER THE COURT FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS!

Remember ... Seattle never had Kevin Johnson in its corner.

For more on this, please Google Royals, Anaheim.
"Now all we gotta do is persuade durant, westbrook and allen to come back and we'll be good"

See, this is what you all don't understand.

There are no Durants, Westbrooks or Allens on this team!

No Sikmas, no Slick Watts, no Spencer Haywoods, no Lenny Wilkens, no Shawn Kemps, no Gary Paytons ...

The Kings have only had a winning record 8 TIMES IN THE LAST 27 SEASONS!

I PROMISE YOU ... YOU DO NOT WANT THE KINGS!

ONCE THE LUSTER OF THE '"SUPER KINGS" WEARS OFF IN 2 OR 3 YEARS, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Leave them right where they are and wait for an expansion team.

Rather than waste your time with your stupid arguments about "well, they aren't an original Sacramento team, so it doesn't matter" ...

Ask yourself these questions:

A) Do you live in Sacramento?

— If not, are you qualified to judge whether "Sacramento is not an original team" has EVER mattered to Kings fans?

Or, more importantly, has it ever mattered to the people in positions of power, money and influence who have, are and will be doing everything necessary to keep the team here?

— If not, are you qualified to judge whether "Sacramento doesn't care, look at the attendance" is an accurate statement?

The fact that Sacramento still sells 75 percent of its tickets given the team's performance and the Maloofs' abysmal actions the last few years is beyond remarkable.

No other team in the league would be doing this, period.

B) Have you done your research? (This is rhetorical, because I know you all haven't) ...

If so, you would know that WHEN THE KINGS WERE PURCHASED BY THE BENVENUTI FAMILY, KANSAS CITY COULD HAVE KEPT THEM BY AVERAGING 10,000 FANS PER GAME ... THEY CHOSE NOT TO. THAT WAS THEIR CHOICE, AND IT BECAME THEIR PROBLEM. IT IS IRRELEVANT TO A DISCUSSION TAKING PLACE ALMOST 30 YEARS LATER.

C) Are the Kings really moving to Seattle?

The answer is no. Just ask Anaheim Royals season ticket holders how their team is doing this year.

D) Is your argument about "Hey, this is OK because Chris Hansen is being totally up front about what he plans to do" even remotely close to intelligent or logical?

Again, rhetorical, because as we know, it's not.

NOBODY IN SACRAMENTO GIVES A CRAP WHAT CHRIS HANSEN DOES OR THINKS. HE IS IRRELEVANT, AND SURE AS H-LL NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH MONEY WHO WANTS TO OWN AN NBA TEAM.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF RON BURKLE? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MARK MASTROV?

IF YOU HAVEN'T, YOU WILL ... THEY WILL BE THE NEW OWNERS OF THE SACRAMENTO KINGS!

WHAT ALL YOU "SUPER KINGS" FANS FAIL TO REALIZE IS THAT THE KINGS' OWNERS HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID THE TEAM IS NOT FOR SALE.

THEY TRIED TO MAKE THIS DEAL BEHIND THE CITY'S BACK. NOW THAT THE CITY IS AWARE OF THE AVAILABILITY OF THE FRANCHISE, THE CITY HAS, IS AND WILL BE DOING EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER TO KEEP THE KINGS.

And when this is all said and done, the Kings will be going nowhere.

Kevin Johnson is close with David Stern. He has been given unprecedented leeway with the commissioner and the league's board of governors both in the Anaheim deal and now in the Seattle deal.

A majority ownership group will be announced shortly.

Hansen and the rest of you will just have to wait.

All right, Jason, shut the lights out!

(01-31-2013, 09:44 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Question ... are you trying to steal a team from another city?

But thanks for playing.

What I'm really looking forward to is the NBA doing the right thing and leaving the Kings where they belong, then giving you guys an expansion team ... AND THEN KICKING YOUR CANDY A--ES ALL OVER THE COURT FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS!

The only team in california thats even worth mentioning this year is the clippers. The fakers are garbage and the kings and warriors are no better. What other state do you know has 4 basketball teams??? Quit being greedy and give up at least one crappy team that california has so we can build on them and make them better. If stern and shultz werent sleeping together we would still have our team. You guys might beat us the first couple years, but with the amount of support we have I guarantee we will be contenders

(01-31-2013, 10:10 PM)blackitalian Wrote: The only team in california thats even worth mentioning this year is the clippers. The fakers are garbage and the kings and warriors are no better. What other state do you know has 4 basketball teams??? Quit being greedy and give up at least one crappy team that california has so we can build on them and make them better. If stern and shultz werent sleeping together we would still have our team. You guys might beat us the first couple years, but with the amount of support we have I guarantee we will be contenders
Have ... you ... checked ... the ... Warriors' ... record ... this ... year?

Hmmm, let's see ... why don't you guys just follow the Blazers?

Look at a map sometime ... you'll be surprised to realize that Seattle and Portland are WAY closer than Sacto and L.A.

Not a really solid argument there.

(01-31-2013, 09:44 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Question ... are you trying to steal a team from another city?

But thanks for playing.

"Now all we gotta do is persuade durant, westbrook and allen to come back and we'll be good"

See, this is what you all don't understand.

There are no Durants, Westbrooks or Allens on this team!

No Sikmas, no Slick Watts, no Spencer Haywoods, no Lenny Wilkens, no Shawn Kemps, no Gary Paytons ...

The Kings have only had a winning record 8 TIMES IN THE LAST 27 SEASONS!

I PROMISE YOU ... YOU DO NOT WANT THE KINGS!

ONCE THE LUSTER OF THE '"SUPER KINGS" WEARS OFF IN 2 OR 3 YEARS, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Leave them right where they are and wait for an expansion team.

Rather than waste your time with your stupid arguments about "well, they aren't an original Sacramento team, so it doesn't matter" ...

Ask yourself these questions:

A) Do you live in Sacramento?

— If not, are you qualified to judge whether "Sacramento is not an original team" has EVER mattered to Kings fans?

Or, more importantly, has it ever mattered to the people in positions of power, money and influence who have, are and will be doing everything necessary to keep the team here?

— If not, are you qualified to judge whether "Sacramento doesn't care, look at the attendance" is an accurate statement?

The fact that Sacramento still sells 75 percent of its tickets given the team's performance and the Maloofs' abysmal actions the last few years is beyond remarkable.

No other team in the league would be doing this, period.

B) Have you done your research? (This is rhetorical, because I know you all haven't) ...

If so, you would know that WHEN THE KINGS WERE PURCHASED BY THE BENVENUTI FAMILY, KANSAS CITY COULD HAVE KEPT THEM BY AVERAGING 10,000 FANS PER GAME ... THEY CHOSE NOT TO. THAT WAS THEIR CHOICE, AND IT BECAME THEIR PROBLEM. IT IS IRRELEVANT TO A DISCUSSION TAKING PLACE ALMOST 30 YEARS LATER.

C) Are the Kings really moving to Seattle?

The answer is no. Just ask Anaheim Royals season ticket holders how their team is doing this year.

D) Is your argument about "Hey, this is OK because Chris Hansen is being totally up front about what he plans to do" even remotely close to intelligent or logical?

Again, rhetorical, because as we know, it's not.

NOBODY IN SACRAMENTO GIVES A CRAP WHAT CHRIS HANSEN DOES OR THINKS. HE IS IRRELEVANT, AND SURE AS H-LL NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH MONEY WHO WANTS TO OWN AN NBA TEAM.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF RON BURKLE? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MARK MASTROV?

IF YOU HAVEN'T, YOU WILL ... THEY WILL BE THE NEW OWNERS OF THE SACRAMENTO KINGS!

WHAT ALL YOU "SUPER KINGS" FANS FAIL TO REALIZE IS THAT THE KINGS' OWNERS HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID THE TEAM IS NOT FOR SALE.

THEY TRIED TO MAKE THIS DEAL BEHIND THE CITY'S BACK. NOW THAT THE CITY IS AWARE OF THE AVAILABILITY OF THE FRANCHISE, THE CITY HAS, IS AND WILL BE DOING EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER TO KEEP THE KINGS.

And when this is all said and done, the Kings will be going nowhere.

Kevin Johnson is close with David Stern. He has been given unprecedented leeway with the commissioner and the league's board of governors both in the Anaheim deal and now in the Seattle deal.

A majority ownership group will be announced shortly.

Hansen and the rest of you will just have to wait.

All right, Jason, shut the lights out!
YOURE RIGHT WE DONT REALLY WANT THE KINGS..WHY?? BECAUSE THEYRE GARBAGE, BUT WE WANT A TEAM. We'll take a expansion team all day if it means bringing basketball back to seattle. What you dont understand is these superstars who are looking for a change are going to be drawn towards a new team like seattle because theres so much hometown support and they know on a "new" team they have the ability to make a huge impact. And youre right there arent any durants or westbrooks on this team, not yet at least. This is a team thats going to take some time to re-build, but over time I guarantee seattle will get the recognition it deserves

(01-31-2013, 10:16 PM)blackitalian Wrote: YOURE RIGHT WE DONT REALLY WANT THE KINGS..WHY?? BECAUSE THEYRE GARBAGE, BUT WE WANT A TEAM. We'll take a expansion team all day if it means bringing basketball back to seattle. What you dont understand is these superstars who are looking for a change are going to be drawn towards a new team like seattle because theres so much hometown support and they know on a "new" team they have the ability to make a huge impact. And youre right there arent any durants or westbrooks on this team, not yet at least. This is a team thats going to take some time to re-build, but over time I guarantee seattle will get the recognition it deserves
"What you dont understand is these superstars who are looking for a change are going to be drawn towards a new team like seattle because theres so much hometown support and they know on a "new" team they have the ability to make a huge impact."

Yeah, man, the Charlotte Bobcats are LIGHTING IT UP!

So are the Raptors!

Man, all those great free agents that are just lining up outside the door to sign with these expansion teams!

Great call!

I'm really, really, really becoming less and less impressed with the overall caliber of Seattle fans the longer this goes on.

(01-31-2013, 10:14 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Have ... you ... checked ... the ... Warriors' ... record ... this ... year?

Hmmm, let's see ... why don't you guys just follow the Blazers?

Look at a map sometime ... you'll be surprised to realize that Seattle and Portland are WAY closer than Sacto and L.A.

Not a really solid argument there.
Wow...one...year..the..warriors...did...something.....and????? All teams go through their ups and downs but the warriors arent a highly sought after team. Either are the kings and soon the lakers wont be either once kobe retires. Did you not hear that phil jackson wants to be a part of our new team too?? And im not even going to comment on the blazers
(01-31-2013, 10:19 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: "What you dont understand is these superstars who are looking for a change are going to be drawn towards a new team like seattle because theres so much hometown support and they know on a "new" team they have the ability to make a huge impact."

Yeah, man, the Charlotte Bobcats are LIGHTING IT UP!

So are the Raptors!

Man, all those great free agents that are just lining up outside the door to sign with these expansion teams!

Great call!

I'm really, really, really becoming less and less impressed with the overall caliber of Seattle fans the longer this goes on.

You really have no argument so just and wait and see how this plays out and we'll see what happens. And how do you know whos lining up to play on any team?? do you know something we dont??? And by the way any team in any given year whether it be the bobcats or raptors can win a championship. Nobody asked you to be impressed with anyone from seattle, youre obviously closed minded and dont see the big picture.

(01-31-2013, 10:20 PM)blackitalian Wrote: Wow...one...year..the..warriors...did...something.....and????? All teams go through their ups and downs but the warriors arent a highly sought after team. Either are the kings and soon the lakers wont be either once kobe retires. Did you not hear that phil jackson wants to be a part of our new team too?? And im not even going to comment on the blazers
Yeah, let Phil coach your expansion team without Jordan, Pippen, Shaq or Kobe and see how he does.

The Warriors are a lot like the Sonics, actually.

Warriors = One title

Sonics/Thunder = One title

Seems pretty even to me.

If this was a heavyweight bout the ref would be issuing a TKO right now ... "stop the bleeding, RJ is DESTROYING all these Seattle Super Kings fans!"

Jim Lampley: Wham, wham, wham! Body shot! Wham, wham, wham ... IT'S OVER!

(01-31-2013, 10:25 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, let Phil coach your expansion team without Jordan, Pippen, Shaq or Kobe and see how he does.

The Warriors are a lot like the Sonics, actually.

Warriors = One title

Sonics/Thunder = One title

Seems pretty even to me.

If this was a heavyweight bout the ref would be issuing a TKO right now ... "stop the bleeding, RJ is DESTROYING all these Seattle Super Kings fans!"

Jim Lampley: Wham, wham, wham! Body shot! Wham, wham, wham ... IT'S OVER!
LOL....did you just have a full boxing match with yourself???? So what youre saying is phil jackson can only coach a winning team with jordan, pippen, or kobe??? thats the most ignorant comment ive heard. Makes no sense at all. You need to go to wikipedia.com and type in coaching and basketball. Now im not impressed with RJ...."me getting up, wham, jab, jab, upper cut, and RJ goes down and he cant find his mouth guard, its all over....YES....THAT JUST HAPPENED...LOL