`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Crown Royale

2012 Crown Royale
i made the mistake of picking up some retail of this. Do not buy it - awful and you probably will not get anything at all good. The cards look lame in the extreme, there are few rookies, very strong chance of getting no hit at all, and almost nothing is die cut.

It didn't stop me from getting a hobby because i like the die cut cards.

Let's see how did that go? It was a wide receiver special i guess.

Pack 1: Jarius Wright, Paydirt memorabilia (one color, purple) /149
Tom Brady NFL Regime or whatever insert.

Pack 2: Tommy Streeter autograph redemption - according to Panini's website this is numbered to /99
Torrey Smith numbered parallel to 199

Pack 3 - Another redemption. Yes, indeed. Another redemption. Two redemptions in one box. Come on Panini, you can do better than this. I hope. Anyway the redemption was actually pretty decent:

Justin Blackmon - Silver Rookie patch auto thing which i cannot come close to spelling right at this moment, but if you know Crown Royale you should know what i am talking about). Good player, bad team - first hit i've gotten of him. Numbered to 149. Not bad. But can i again say "GRRR" about two redemptions in one box.

Also in that pack was Chris Johnson, NFL Regieme Green Parallel /10

Pack 4: Tim Benford auto - to 245. Who is Tim Benford? An undrafted practice squad player - so out of the 4 wide outs, two have no NFL stats (Tommy Streeter having gone on injured reserve during the preseason) and one is Jarius Wright who wound up with 310 yards and 2 tds - and i seem to remember had one game with over 100 yards and a TD so he really did next to nothing the rest of the year. He may well become the Vikings main downfield threat for what that is worth.

Dennis DeCastro - numbered to 99

Some other rookie to 399.

Really, that wasn't a great box at all - the Blackmon auto patch if it ever comes in and if it has a nice patch should be pretty nice - and if Jacksonville ever gets somewhat comptent play at the QB position may well make it a decent box (also with Blackmon you better add in he learns to stop driving around drunk). At least it did have three autos - i like autos more than memorabilia so given a choice between a mediocre auto and a mediocre memorabilia i'd rather get the auto. Maybe Tommy Streeter will get healthy and become good or maybe Tim Benford is another Victor Cruz.

So i guess my verdict is that if you like the die cut crown look, these are nice but beware of non name rookie autos and redemptions. And pretty much know that unless you get a big auto hit your rookie auto patch is going to make or break your box.

RE: 2012 Crown Royale
Ouch Sorry !
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK