`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EBay Agreement

EBay Agreement
A seller on eBay had an item that I wanted but the BIN price was too high for me. I contacted him asking if he would sell it to me for a certain price. The amount that he was willing to part at was more than what I currently had available so I asked him if he could hold it for me for two weeks. He agreed to do so if the item didn't sell by auctions end. He contacted me again and let me know that he was going to hold it for me.

I looked the next week and he relisted the item. I decided to move on because he chose to relist the item after our agreement. The seller contacted me yesterday (around 3 weeks later) asking if I was still interested. I let him know that I thought that he didn't want to do our agreement because it relisted the item. He told me that he relisted it to see if he could get more but it's mine if I still want it???

I'm a stickler for agreements. I moved on and spent the money I budgeted for the item on other stuff. I basically no longer want the item unless he moves off of our original price. If the item would've sold he would not have had anything to say. My guess is that he's willing to accept the deal with me because it's the best he can get.

Just venting about the people of eBay. How do you all feel about agreements?
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: EBay Agreement
I just had this same problem with a guy on ebay! I was going to pay this Friday, the auction ended three days before. There were two items one booking 150 the other booking 100. The Seller agreed to accept $100 for both on Friday. The auction ended, he messaged making sure we were still locked in, I told him yeah. Friday comes Moneys ready to go.... no response... it is now Sunday and I have heard nothing. As soon as I spend the money I know I'll hear from him. But if I wait I'm sure I won't hear anything. It is aggravating when someone neglects to follow their end of an agreement, but it is infuriating when someone just completely ignores the agreement and doesn't even have the courtesy to give a heads up.

That's why these sites have their own TOS. If people are making arrangements outside of that and get the run around when it's all said and done, then you are no longer protected by the sites TOS.

Never make "behind the scenes" transactions because it isn't a guarantee. I've learned my lesson long ago, not just on eBay, but on trade sites as well.

Seems like a Mans Word isn't ***** anymore...

did you contact him at the 2 week mark and let him know you had the money? i dont see a problem with him relisting it, he didnt have the money from you and we all know how people do back out of deals. now if you contacted him after 2 weeks saying i have the money and ready to pay, and he then stated he wanted to let the auction ride out again, that would be an issue imo.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(01-06-2013, 10:24 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: That's why these sites have their own TOS. If people are making arrangements outside of that and get the run around when it's all said and done, then you are no longer protected by the sites TOS.

Never make "behind the scenes" transactions because it isn't a guarantee. I've learned my lesson long ago, not just on eBay, but on trade sites as well.

My transaction wasn't beyond the Ebay guidelines, his auctions were BIN/BO and my he was supposedly going to relist and accept my offers of $50 on each one. Given that he had not received a better offer before his original listings ended.

(01-06-2013, 12:27 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: My transaction wasn't beyond the Ebay guidelines, his auctions were BIN/BO and my he was supposedly going to relist and accept my offers of $50 on each one. Given that he had not received a better offer before his original listings ended.
Nah, just sayin in general. People go behind closed doors and try to work out deals and get screwed sooner or later. Not directing this towards anyone on here, just saying it happens a lot.

It comes down to others being somewhat a bit shaddy...

(01-06-2013, 10:24 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: That's why these sites have their own TOS. If people are making arrangements outside of that and get the run around when it's all said and done, then you are no longer protected by the sites TOS.

I get what you are saying. With my situation he was going to relist the item for my price. I like to make sure I get my eBay bucks, lol.
(01-06-2013, 11:17 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: did you contact him at the 2 week mark and let him know you had the money? i dont see a problem with him relisting it, he didnt have the money from you and we all know how people do back out of deals. now if you contacted him after 2 weeks saying i have the money and ready to pay, and he then stated he wanted to let the auction ride out again, that would be an issue imo.
Ping, I see what you mean. He relisted the item less than 2 weeks later. I moved on and didn't think about it anymore. He mentioned it to me. That being said, if I tell someone that I'm going to do something and don't do it, I run the risk of the agreement going bad. I'm not upset that he tried to resale his stuff. As I said earlier, if he would've sold it and I didn't know about it, he wouldn't have had anything to say.

I personally don't care about the item that much because I can find something better. I was just surprised that he contacted me after he didn't honor our agreement.
(01-06-2013, 09:48 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: I just had this same problem with a guy on ebay! I was going to pay this Friday, the auction ended three days before. There were two items one booking 150 the other booking 100. The Seller agreed to accept $100 for both on Friday. The auction ended, he messaged making sure we were still locked in, I told him yeah. Friday comes Moneys ready to go.... no response... it is now Sunday and I have heard nothing. As soon as I spend the money I know I'll hear from him. But if I wait I'm sure I won't hear anything. It is aggravating when someone neglects to follow their end of an agreement, but it is infuriating when someone just completely ignores the agreement and doesn't even have the courtesy to give a heads up.
I feel your pain because it ties up money, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I had a few buyers do the same thing with me.. they want a card for a lower price, I am having trouble moving it & after a few days, I lower the price or make a "buy now" price so they can pick it up.. but communication gets dropped.. or they take a long time to respond..

I currently have one guy that wants my Limited 2009-10 set (including legends & Rc/autos).. I told him $850 + cost of flat rate "medium" size box.. Guy said he will pay in payments.. which I do not like.. I asked him to save up & if it does not sell. they I will sell it to him at agreed price, which was starting bid.. I'm hoping I can get more than that.. but don't think I will, since not many collectors want to buy sets these days... so far I have good communication going back & forth with this person & he seems interested in my set.. I am more than glad to sell at that price, unless I can get more.. & that is what I explained to him..

not to change subject, but I got a few buyers that contacted me to lower prices or work out a deal.. give them a discount if they buy more than one card.. depending on total price, I say sure.. I am already giving them combined shipping, no matter what total cost is.. which saves a few dollars...

I get killed on ebay/paypal fees.. to the point that I am losing money!!

you buy a box for $100-200, get about $100 worth of cards.. one card that should be about $100, you can't sell it for $60-70.. the rest of the cards in the pack will not sell for $3 each (postage already included)...

sucks!! but that is life of trying to sell cards..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(01-06-2013, 09:14 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: A seller on eBay had an item that I wanted but the BIN price was too high for me. I contacted him asking if he would sell it to me for a certain price. The amount that he was willing to part at was more than what I currently had available so I asked him if he could hold it for me for two weeks. He agreed to do so if the item didn't sell by auctions end. He contacted me again and let me know that he was going to hold it for me.

I looked the next week and he relisted the item. I decided to move on because he chose to relist the item after our agreement. The seller contacted me yesterday (around 3 weeks later) asking if I was still interested. I let him know that I thought that he didn't want to do our agreement because it relisted the item. He told me that he relisted it to see if he could get more but it's mine if I still want it???

I'm a stickler for agreements. I moved on and spent the money I budgeted for the item on other stuff. I basically no longer want the item unless he moves off of our original price. If the item would've sold he would not have had anything to say. My guess is that he's willing to accept the deal with me because it's the best he can get.

Just venting about the people of eBay. How do you all feel about agreements?
I would have told him your offer just went down. He keeps trying to sell for a certain price and he can't get it after 2 or 3 times listing. Obviously he is asking too much or the right person hasn't been on ebay looking.

That's one of my complaints with ebay. 1 week a card will sell for $100 and the next week for $50. Timing is everything ther and people just won't use the BIN or make offers. They want to see a $1000 card start off at $.99 with no reserve before they will give it a look.

We're all looking for deals, but as sellers we don't want to give our stuff away either. We all want as much as we can get for our items.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Brian.. I'm on the same page as you.. I've listed the same cards over & over.. dropping them a few dollars here & there.. but nobody even looks at them.. but if I start at .99 cents, then more people will take the time to at least look at the card.. it's strange.

timing is everything.. then some people on ebay will bid, just to make the card appear that people are after that card.. some of these bidders might be friends or loosely said, "business partners".. two collectors/sellers that met through a transaction that bid on each others cards..

or there are a lot of people overseas that bid, just to bid.. then they do not pay.. they continue to create new ebay profiles to just bid & make it appear that a card sold for a certain amount.. then they use another ebay id to sell their own car down the road...

everybody wants a deal.. everybody wants to pay 1/4 of BV or below SV (current ebay sells)..

heck, Kobe's autos have dropped so much.. you can't get $200 for a kobe that came from a $200-400 pack of cards..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*