`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE

RE: CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
Its amazing to me that after 4+ years of making beckett better.. its still janky. The organize WAS the best tool in the hobby for documenting and organizing collections. In the last 4 1/2 years its become the most flawed, frustrating, and redundant joke of a platform available. This in no way is a shot at the messenger. Its just crap..
“640K ought to be enough [memory] for anybody.” - Bill Gates

(01-07-2013, 02:14 AM)notjomommasclint Wrote: Its amazing to me that after 4+ years of making beckett better.. its still janky. The organize WAS the best tool in the hobby for documenting and organizing collections. In the last 4 1/2 years its become the most flawed, frustrating, and redundant joke of a platform available. This in no way is a shot at the messenger. Its just crap..
I know some folks will think you are just trolling to start stuff but has a member who has been here for awhile I completely agree with you.

I like the "idea" of Beckett. I mean I really like it. However, we were told about matchmaker and we have been shown nothing. The BGS registry doesnt work. The performance of the site is still not up to 2013 par. Some of the functionality of the site makes little to no sense. Yes I know I could leave but I dont want to leave. I like being a member here. I like the people here. I like a lot of aspects to the site. I just want the site to work the way it should. They way you told us it would. I dont mind $9 a month but when it has so many issues "site wise" I feel Im over paying for a broken service. Its like ordering a large coke and its flat. Now I understand I pay for "pricing" but I think its fair to say we at least I pay for both pricing and the site itself. Please Beckett make the best site in the world. If we as members can do anything to help let us know. Other sites literally make fun of this site! Its time to step up or go home and Im hoping we step up!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(01-07-2013, 02:47 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I know some folks will think you are just trolling to start stuff but has a member who has been here for awhile I completely agree with you.

I like the "idea" of Beckett. I mean I really like it. However, we were told about matchmaker and we have been shown nothing. The BGS registry doesnt work. The performance of the site is still not up to 2013 par. Some of the functionality of the site makes little to no sense. Yes I know I could leave but I dont want to leave. I like being a member here. I like the people here. I like a lot of aspects to the site. I just want the site to work the way it should. They way you told us it would. I dont mind $9 a month but when it has so many issues "site wise" I feel Im over paying for a broken service. Its like ordering a large coke and its flat. Now I understand I pay for "pricing" but I think its fair to say we at least I pay for both pricing and the site itself. Please Beckett make the best site in the world. If we as members can do anything to help let us know. Other sites literally make fun of this site! Its time to step up or go home and Im hoping we step up!!!
The pay for pricing argument was no more when they started charging for the organize. The site has been trash for years its as simple as that. The only reason why I'm around is the "idea" of the site and the whole wait and see if it ever gets better, but they won't get any of my hard earned money until it's no longer a dinosaur. I don't complain because I don't pay for anything, but I do wonder how much money every month they miss out on by not improving.

[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(01-07-2013, 05:50 AM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: The only reason why I'm around is the "idea" of the site and the whole wait and see if it ever gets better, but they won't get any of my hard earned money until it's no longer a dinosaur.
I pay for the OPG -AND- don't complain.... Only time It has ever been an issue was when adding cards to the org the past weekend in attempt to make some trades.... bet we know how that worked out.

Maybe if you did pay for something that money would be used for R&D ... but if you just leach off beckett and contribute nothing, then no money comes in to pay people to make improvements. (not saying the OPG is becketts only source of income)

Maybe you should just go to blowout or something.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-07-2013, 07:58 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I pay for the OPG -AND- don't complain.... Only time It has ever been an issue was when adding cards to the org the past weekend in attempt to make some trades.... bet we know how that worked out.

Maybe if you did pay for something that money would be used for R&D ... but if you just leach off beckett and contribute nothing, then no money comes in to pay people to make improvements. (not saying the OPG is becketts only source of income)

Maybe you should just go to blowout or something.
I got an idea, stop harassing me. I wasn't the only one who told you your thread was iffy. By the way, I'll be the judge of what I do and don't use my money on and I have had an OPG so I have contributed. You may address me in a normal fashion or you can leave me alone. Thank you

Pro Set Collector

Harrassing? ... lol.... ok.... just pointing out what you said and pointed out the possible ramifications of not contributing money and gave you some advice on what you can do to help Smile

Just trying to help you along in your decision making process.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-07-2013, 11:48 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Harrassing? ... lol.... ok.... just pointing out what you said and pointed out the possible ramifications of not contributing money and gave you some advice on what you can do to help Smile

Just trying to help you along in your decision making process.
Thank you

Pro Set Collector

From Beckett:

Thanks for the comments. This was set to be a temporary solution to deal with some of the speed issues we have seen lately, but I wanted to let you know we returned things back to the way they were and will continue working on other aspects of the speed improvement project.

The project will encompass code review, hardware review, indexing improvements for the Organize database and more.

Thanks again for your comments and your patience!

~Bill S.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I noticed that items that are in my organize are no longer grayed out and I liked that feature because I could tell when the items were already added. The one thing that I have been trying to get someone to correct is the way things are randomly listed in organize. they aren't listed by year, numerically, or in alphabetically. The old organize displayed the cards by year, alphabetically by manufacturer and set and numerically within the set. The current organize has everything displayed randomly.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

From Beckett:

Thanks for the comments. This was set to be a temporary solution to deal with some of the speed issues we have seen lately, but I wanted to let you know we returned things back to the way they were and will continue working on other aspects of the speed improvement project.

The project will encompass code review, hardware review, indexing improvements for the Organize database and more.

Thanks again for your comments and your patience!

~Bill S.
---------
We are looking into some better ways to deal with all the data on the various pages that slow things down, and will implement some solutions soon. Search results pages are very query heavy (causing some slowness) in that if you are viewing 500 items, the system has to check 500 times as to whether or not you have the item in Organize and also another 500 times to check whether or not you have OPG access. We could cache those values, but that creates a whole different set of issues. So we are trying to find a compromise that makes the database happy and all of us using the software.

But rest assured, I am an Organize user for my personal Sutherland collection and I have seen the speed issues lately and will do my best to get it solved quickly.

Thanks, Bill
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)