`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE

CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
Please don't shoot the messenger -just passing the word we got from Beckett. I've already responded voicing my personal displeasure, but being the weekend I'm not sure how quickly anyone can/will respond.

In the meantime, I'd like to try to productively brainstorm any sort of "best practices" people can come up with to work around the issue...

anyway here it is:

While we work on updates for Organize, Trade, and the performance issue, we are trying to promote some tweaks to help in the meantime. We made a change which we hope will help speed up page loads a bit. The feature which greyed out the Add To Organize icon in search results when the item is already in a customer's organize was creating duplicate search in the database, which could be contributing to the slowness people are experiencing.

We took away the feature which greys out the Add To Organize icon. So now, when a member gets search results back on beckett.com, all of the Add To Organize icons will be clickable. If a member adds an item to Organize that is already there, they will receive a message that the item was successfully but it will not create a duplicate of the item in Organize. It is the same scenario when a customer adds multiple items to Organize and some of the items selected are already in Organize. It adds the ones not in Organize, and simply doesn't do anything regarding the ones that are already in Organize.

I hope that makes sense, and we're hoping customers can experience a little bit of improvement on the site

There's a bit more discussion already on the baseball board at this thread:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1522868.html

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.