Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Advice needed with shipping via USPS
Information 
Advice needed with shipping via USPS
I do not sell very much but recently sold a card on ebay for $150. What is the best way to send? I'm looking for the cheapest option that gives me a tracking number. I think I'd also like to have some sort of insurance. How exactly does that work? Extra forms? I saw that express mail automatically gives you $100 worth of insurance but it seemed kinda pricey. Any advice appreciated. Thanks guys.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

RE: Advice needed with shipping via USPS
Just ship first class 3-5 business day (I don't remember the exact name of it). If you use paypal to buy your shipping you automatically get a DC number and can add insurance. I don't remember the pricing, but I don't think it's too expensive. Hope that helps.

(01-04-2013, 09:57 AM)thepozr Wrote: Just ship first class 3-5 business day (I don't remember the exact name of it). If you use paypal to buy your shipping you automatically get a DC number and can add insurance. I don't remember the pricing, but I don't think it's too expensive. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to using the paypal shipping online currently. I need to physically go to the P.O. for the time being....

(01-04-2013, 10:00 AM)iconms Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to using the paypal shipping online currently. I need to physically go to the P.O. for the time being....
I think it will be a little more then. I would still ship first class only and put insurance on it. It has a tracking number on there.

Assuming you're shipping within the US, to ship one card First Class, packaged nicely in a bubble envelope with a tracking number should be about $3 if you do it at the post office, until January 27 anyways.

I'm very familiar with shipping a bubble mailer with a DC# from the trades I make but since this is a $150 ebay transaction, I was looking for some recommendations on what to do in this situation

(01-04-2013, 10:17 AM)iconms Wrote: I'm very familiar with shipping a bubble mailer with a DC# from the trades I make but since this is a $150 ebay transaction, I was looking for some recommendations on what to do in this situation
You can put either a DC number or Insurance or both. The Insurance has it's own number so I think you can track it with that.

Quote:I'm looking for the cheapest option that gives me a tracking number.

Pretty sure I provided an answer that was answering what you asked...

If you package well (sleeve, toploader, team bag, perhaps cardboard slabs around the team bag, bubble envelope) it will be right at $3. I don't recall how much insurance is as I haven't sold much either so haven't needed insurance.

While I understand you want to make sure your eBay sale goes smoothly I don't think you need to do much different than what you do with your traders here. You want to ensure the cards arrive safely and this packaging accomplishes that and will not be frowned upon by the buyer like if you were to use a plain white envelope for instance.

To the PO then. too bad you do not have Paypal shipping, so easy, and cheaper.
This $150 card should be well protected and have $150 insurance and DC. This would be considered the standard and cheapest.
I usually include signature receipt as well for over $100 to make sure it get to the person, the best I can do. Nothing is fool proof have heard of others signing and the carrier does not care, but it shows you went the extra for the best customer service..and safeguards you from the easiest fraud.."I did not get he card..send me my $ back!"
Just my opinion..

(01-04-2013, 01:20 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: To the PO then. too bad you do not have Paypal shipping, so easy, and cheaper.
This $150 card should be well protected and have $150 insurance and DC. This would be considered the standard and cheapest.
I usually include signature receipt as well for over $100 to make sure it get to the person, the best I can do. Nothing is fool proof have heard of others signing and the carrier does not care, but it shows you went the extra for the best customer service..and safeguards you from the easiest fraud.."I did not get he card..send me my $ back!"
Just my opinion..
Thanks to all for your replies

Bonds, that is pretty much what I did. I was actually able to do it online while at work (my home printer isn't currently out of commission). I did not go directly thru paypal's site, though. In the automated email ebay sent when the item sold, I clicked on "Print Shipping Label" and did it there. It was very easy and SEEMED easier to work with than the Paypal shipping but I could be wrong.

1st Class Package + $2.90 insurance came out to $4.54 total. Not bad at all.