`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My first super collecting adventure starts.....Now!

RE: My first super collecting adventure starts.....Now!
If you're supercollecting, here's my tip - Anything #/10 or less, jump on quick. I've had to overpay for a few cards of Quizz, but many have never seen other than mine (ie: SP Authentic Gold Auto #/15 - a lot of SPA broken, surprisingly no Gold Quizz Autos #/15 but mine). Anything base or numbered really high, save until the very end.

COMC has basically everything and you can make offers on them. Right now they have 648 different Jamaal Charles, 200 of them for less than $1 a piece, and you don't need to pay the shipping charges on each as if you bought from eBay from different sellers (saves a bunch there)
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

Thanks! that sounds like a really good idea! im gonna go check out the site right now
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I would suggest to find a nice large lot or 2 on ebay. That way you only have to pay shipping once for, say 30-40 cards, instead of trading 10-12 of them here and paying the shipping and then trading for 10-12 of them there and paying for the shipping.

Find a lot that has a good assortment of inserts, RCs and base and as few duplicates as possible. Once you get a large count through 1-2 transactions and shipping charges, then you can use the extras to trade for others.

That is just my opinion.

Biggest thing is to have fun, deep pockets and get a smartphone auction site app....gives you alerts whenever anything you set in a serach criteria becomes listed... I have bought cards that have been listed for less than a minute. But the best advice is keep a chunk of cash just in case something like a 1/1 auto pops up outta no-where ... which will happen a lot!

and dont get discouraged just keep going. I was doing Clyde Gates cards then he got cut then moved the Vontae Davis and he gets traded ....hmmmm so I decided not to focus on one player and focus on just phins and just buy / trade for the cards I like and make me happySmile

The biggest downfall to focusing on 1 player is what if that player becomes a bust or drops of the face of the earth... then your stuck with a bunch of crtap that will get NO - Where close to what ya paid out if ya ever have to sell. But as long as your collecting for the fun of collecting that shouldn't matter.

Good luck Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I may have a few of those guys hanging around somewhere. I'll get with you when I find themSmile
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

sounds good! thanks!
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

also when on the bay and you see a card check the sellers other items alot of guys will combine shipping and save some cash and keep in mind if a guy has 1 card cheaper than another that other guy might have a couple cards and combined shipping you can come out on top...
Photobucket

I suggest 100% Checkoutmycards.com, the sight has so much and there is like over 200 jamaal cards for unders 5 dollars
[Image: MyNewBanner_zps12325c44.jpg]

My Photobucket:
http://s1055.beta.photobucket.com/user/M...ds?src=wap
WILL TRADE FOR ALL MARQUES COLSTON CARDS!

(01-04-2013, 12:45 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: If you're supercollecting, here's my tip - Anything #/10 or less, jump on quick. I've had to overpay for a few cards of Quizz, but many have never seen other than mine (ie: SP Authentic Gold Auto #/15 - a lot of SPA broken, surprisingly no Gold Quizz Autos #/15 but mine). Anything base or numbered really high, save until the very end.

COMC has basically everything and you can make offers on them. Right now they have 648 different Jamaal Charles, 200 of them for less than $1 a piece, and you don't need to pay the shipping charges on each as if you bought from eBay from different sellers (saves a bunch there)
Right on the money here. Get the rarest 1st. Might be your only shot. I still regret some that I missed out on because I've never seen another. COMC is a fantastic site.
Autos: 230/270=85.2% complete! Only 8 non 1/1's left!
Total: 614/643=95.5% only 29 non 1/1's to go 1/1's: 60/160=37.5%
[Image: tdwright13bennettbanner.jpg]

thanks for the advice everybody! I've already got about 20 more cards on their way plus a few trades in the works as well. And comc was an amazing suggestion. I feel kinda like a kid in a candy store lol
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%