`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Disappointment with Topps Strata Hobby Break

Disappointment with Topps Strata Hobby Break
Not too upset with the "hits" from the hobby box I got, I've learned not to complain about stuff like that, it's just a gamble sometimes, but here's what really got me...

Out of 18 packs there were 7 to 8 packs with duplicate cards in them, exact same base cards. Of those 7-8 packs, there were 3 packs with a pair of duplicates in them. So, out of 18 packs of 6 cards each, 108 cards total, there were 14 pairs of duplicates, 28 cards. I guess I wouldn't be upset if they were duplicates of some great cards, but unfortunately they were not.

I have thought about contacting Topps via twitter just to voice my opinion in a politically correct way.

Have you guys seen the same or anything else that bad?
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Disappointment with Topps Strata Hobby Break
That's one of my biggest gripes within a single box of cards. Collation is a big item on my list when evaluating whether I got value out of a box. It's one of the reasons I hold out for Finest each year and why after 2010 I stopped getting Chrome. I feel for ya but you could always try to trade your duplicates with other members. Helps me build my collection and build good relationships with good folks here Smile

(01-03-2013, 08:06 PM)jplarson Wrote: That's one of my biggest gripes within a single box of cards. Collation is a big item on my list when evaluating whether I got value out of a box. It's one of the reasons I hold out for Finest each year and why after 2010 I stopped getting Chrome. I feel for ya but you could always try to trade your duplicates with other members. Helps me build my collection and build good relationships with good folks here Smile
+1. All the companies seem to do this. Part of it may be that the think most are buying for the hits and not paying that close attention to the base cards. It seems a lot of us just leave the base cards in card shops. I've done it myself in the LCS when opening boxes (after I've put together a base set)....just leaving all the base cards behind.

In fact, I went thru a 12-box case this morning. It took about 8 to put together a base set of Strata 1-150. I hope you have better luck than I did.

I got several dups in my hobby box too. That wasnt as annoying as the creases and missing foil on 6 of the rookies (including the only luck). QC on the strata seems to be a problem.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

yep, bought a blaster and four packs had the same cards in them. Two having one set and two having another set. all was good got 2 RG3 base and got half my money back. also got an auto of Pittsburgh Steelers David DeCastro.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

I busted 7 boxes of strata and was able to build 3 complete base sets 1 near complete set 1 half complete set and 1 3rd of a complete set. Not bad...didnt notice any dups in the same pack....im sure there were dups in the same box though.
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

Idk why but I always have collation issues when I bust boxes. Same cards same exact order two or three packjs worth.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I can see getting duplicates in the box, but the same pack seemed a little odd and not something I see very regularly.

BSEJLE - what were you referring to when you mentioned "foil" on the rookies?
Thanks,
- Steve

There alwasy alot of dupes
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK