`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bill Russell brings me closer to completion!

Bill Russell brings me closer to completion!
I am extremely happy that the Bill Russell 2011-12 Preferred PS Red #ed to 10 showed up on Ebay yesterday. $124 BIN/BO. I ended up getting it for $119. Not really familiar with the Bill Russell Market so not sure if I overpaid... but there was already another offer on it and I missed out on one many months ago and I was not about to lose this one.

[Image: T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5FvBQ5GkpFzdQ60_57_zpse59481b6.jpg]

Brings me down to the last 11/130
Kevin Durant /10
John Stockton /10
Dennis Rodman /10
Chris Paul /10
Pat Riley /10
James Worthy /15
Alonzo Mourning /25
Walt Frazier /25
Christian Laettner /25
Toni Kukoc /74
Campy Russell /74

I have been in talks over the Durant for about 6 months now, I believe we may be close to a deal, but the seller wants the $200 he won it for ebay (which he outbid me on) and $100 in trade. A little steep... but the seller lives in OKC.... Anyways, I will overpay/trade in your favor/finders fee basically whatever it takes to find the one #ed to 25 or less. If you can help please do

RE: Bill Russell brings me closer to completion!
If you don't mind my asking, what collection are you building? I was thinking HOF sigs but some names are throwing me off...

http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q611...rred%20PS/ Heres the link just click view all
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(01-03-2013, 09:22 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q611...rred%20PS/ Heres the link just click view all
I know nothing about newer cards but that is a pretty solid player list on that set. Some really great classic players in there. Are they tough inserts? I love the Bernard King, Magic Johnson and the Alex English!!! Add Worthy, Ewing and MJ and it would have my all time favs (and a seriously disgusting starting 5 and 6th man!)

These are actually the base cards from 2011-12 Preferred. The checklist was what really got me chasing this set. There were so many players I wanted to get autos of for the PC and this checklist hit a majority of them. Especially the older players like Bird Magic Kareem Oscar. I still need to get the Worthy. No Ewing or MJ though.

Those are pretty sick looking at all those. I'll bet it'll be a huge relief when you finish the set. You gonna display the set somehow?
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

(01-03-2013, 10:17 AM)hof collector 15 Wrote: Those are pretty sick looking at all those. I'll bet it'll be a huge relief when you finish the set. You gonna display the set somehow?
Yah I am definitely going to display it. Some sort of wall mounted Display, maybe table top, I don't know but I will do something. I don't know if I ever will be able to complete the set though. Hopefully the last ones I need will show up.

is that you in your Avatar?...always wondered that for some reason...lol

LOL I'll answer it for TBarn. It's Michael Olowokandi. #1 pick in 1998-99 from Pacific. I remember all the hype that this guy was gonna be a stud.

Nothing against Olowokandi but there was talent to be had in that draft.

Carter, Jamison, Bibby, Dirk and one I had to look up Rashard Lewis in the second round. Was a pretty solid draft IMO.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

(01-04-2013, 12:26 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: is that you in your Avatar?...always wondered that for some reason...lol
Haha, that made me laugh!

Ahh, the Kandiman, such a fine British export Smile