`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh-ding on my card of a lifetime

Ugh-ding on my card of a lifetime
So as I was putting my Russell Wilson #2/5 Topps Platinum Red Refractor in a holder...i run my finer on the back and feel a small ding on the bottem. I didn't notice it when opening the packs because you can't see it on the front of the card. Not sure what to do with it now....I was planning on making some good money on it after this weekend to help me buy some Andrew Luck stuff I want. Now I don't know if I should call topps and see what they can do for me...since it's such a rare card I'm on the fence. Would appreciate some opinions and maybe experiences of yours that are similar to this.
Thanks!!
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

RE: Ugh-ding on my card of a lifetime
That card is so low-numbered (and desirable) that I don't think Topps could provide an adequate replacement. I would just make a note of it in your auction description, provide a good scan, and let it ride. I don't think it will affect it too much.

It never hurts to give Topps a call and see if they offer you something better though...
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I agree with UVA. Topps only guarantees the cards be in at least NMT shape. A small scuff on one of the sides will still be considered NMT and I know they will not replace it. I have tried a few times, all with no luck and the same letter back saying that there is nothing they can do.

It doesn't hurt to try, but don't be surprised if they send it right back.

Something like that small shouldn't be a huge issue if you are selling it, especially if it is on the back.

Hope this helps.

(12-29-2012, 04:09 PM)lcollins1998 Wrote: So as I was putting my Russell Wilson #2/5 Topps Platinum Red Refractor in a holder...i run my finer on the back and feel a small ding on the bottem. I didn't notice it when opening the packs because you can't see it on the front of the card. Not sure what to do with it now....I was planning on making some good money on it after this weekend to help me buy some Andrew Luck stuff I want. Now I don't know if I should call topps and see what they can do for me...since it's such a rare card I'm on the fence. Would appreciate some opinions and maybe experiences of yours that are similar to this.
Thanks!!

check my message in our previous trade
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.