`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cards every baseball card collection must have.(feel free to post)

RE: Cards every baseball card collection must have.(feel free to post)
(01-01-2013, 12:33 PM)ceocards Wrote: Being that I wholeheartedly believe each collector should collect whatever makes him/her happy, I think the original question is bunk (no offense intended). I don't believe there are any cards that a collector HAS to have.
Couldn't agree more. What's so special about wanting to only have what someone *else* wants to have? Find out what you like and find a way to do it!

I'd add a collection that consisted only of RCs is probably really dull/unoriginal to most experienced hobbyists.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(01-01-2013, 12:33 PM)ceocards Wrote: Being that I wholeheartedly believe each collector should collect whatever makes him/her happy, I think the original question is bunk (no offense intended). I don't believe there are any cards that a collector HAS to have.
I agree with this too. Any must have card depends on what you collect. If you collect Griffey, you should have his UD rookie. If you collect the Red Sox, you don't need the Griffey rookie but you might want a team card of the 2004 Red Sox team. If you collect the Yankees, you should have at least one Jeter card and one Mantle card. Different strokes for different folks.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Exactly, zeprock. That's what I love about this hobby.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

lol, no joke just ordered this exact card on ebay this past Friday...Absolute must have!

Basically, any 1952 Topps card.

(12-31-2012, 10:26 PM)waynetalger Wrote: ok since this is really an opinion thread i will play
1- must have 1 pre war card no matter the player, set or condition. just to say you have one is good enough
2- must have at least 1 1948-1979 preferred a good or HOFer card
3- Must have a rookie card of a HOFer ( who is already in the hall)
4- must have a player collection or team collection no matter who it is
5- and above all else must have fun building their collection no matter what someone else thinks of the collection you are building. I know I get made fun of all the time Smile
This is fantastic advise - I'm a huge LAD fan, but when I was a kid collecting the Mets - Gregg Jefferies was my 'have to have every card made' player - no matter what other friends said. My buddy was same way with Kirby Pucket... For the new collector this advise is spot on! Pick a player and have at it... one day you can look back at it and smile.

(06-27-2016, 03:17 PM)Poochdiddy Wrote: lol, no joke just ordered this exact card on ebay this past Friday...Absolute must have!
Which card out of curiosity?
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

photo 350px-Jackson_1990_Score_697_F.jpg
[Image: Kzea5ph.png]

"Avoid the Clap" - Jimmy Dugan

(06-27-2016, 05:39 PM)Poochdiddy Wrote: This is fantastic advise - I'm a huge LAD fan, but when I was a kid collecting the Mets - Gregg Jefferies was my 'have to have every card made' player - no matter what other friends said. My buddy was same way with Kirby Pucket... For the new collector this advise is spot on! Pick a player and have at it... one day you can look back at it and smile.
Welcometo Beckett:
Since you are a dodgers fan please PM me your address and I will send some on your way to say thank you for being a new member. (send in PM Please)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

for me, 1 good card of every hall of famer
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.