`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I guess "GAME WORN" is a joke to Panini

RE: I guess "GAME WORN" is a joke to Panini
This is the main reason i wont buy patch cards or jersey for that fact unless they are super cheep.
The event worn stuff is out of hand and then you cant even tell if a patch taht is game used is used.
For that stuff i save my money and buy full game worn jerseys and gloves that I KNOW are used.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

I sent them a message on twitter... lets see if i can actually get a response.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

It looks like a unfortunate typo. Topps screwed up royally by saying "this autograph was witnessed by....." On their non-autographed tall-boys this year opening a floodgate of forgeries.

Price plummets? No doubt....but not because of this reason. Flash back to 2003 - sp authentic Byron leftwich- how high was that card priced? Can get it for pennies on the dollar. What can I get a Carson Palmer for? 2002? What was a Joey Harrington and David Carr going for?

You really expect to retain any value on a "hot" rookie? No. It's the Tom Brady or the Tony Romo - ones you could get for nothing back in their rookie years....only to produce.....

I didn't post on your original thread, but I would have pushed that Calvin auto....

But - I'm not a Seattle collector. Still, sucks that you had to deal with this - the AD auto would have been nice!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

yeah i would have liked the Peterson but it is what it is. My options were fairly limited and this was going in my PC. In most cases i would have passed and gone with a solid vet as a replacement but i have been trying to get a damn wilson auto since the day he was drafted without success.

I agree with the market prices as its pretty ridiculous that i can get a joe montana auto for less then an andrew luck but i was more speaking in general terms about the overall mass production / errors in production.

Not ridiculous at all. There are more Montana autos out there because Luck is new. He is also in high demand because of his early success. It is all supply and demand. Card values have nothing to do with a player's skill.

More montana auto's? Im not too sure about that. I have never seen a player mass produced like luck this year.

According to Beckett, Montana has over 1000 different autos, his first of which alone was numbered to 2500. So yeah.... I'm pretty sure.

And the stuff that Luck does sign is usually short printed. Montana was signing in the 90's when that 2500 WAS considered a short print! Haha

I think the variations on cards is what's driving the market down... how many Joe Montana RCs are there...1. How many Jerry Rice RCs... 1. How many Dan Marino RCs... 1. How many Andrew Luck RCs so far...17! With 965 TOTAL Rookie Year cards...!!! Heck, I think even Dan Marino only had a 1 other rookie year card.

That is sort of my point.. i wasnt actually trying to say anything about montana specifically just using him as an example.

I agree and disagree. I can't decide if I would be happier with (made up numbers) 100,000 vanilla Topps RCs of Luck like there were of Marino, or 100,000 RCs of Luck in 17 different flavors.

I like the variety and miss the simplicity at the same time, but you can't have both I guess. A good example is the Jerry Rice RC. I picked one up recently and my god it is an ugly card! (IMO) Would have been nice to have a few more choices.

My point is I don't think the total print runs are all that significantly different, it's just different ones for collectors to chase. Would you really want to collect a player and get his one Topps card per year and be done until the next year? That would bore me pretty fast.