IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to buy 92-93 beam teams graded

Looking to buy 92-93 beam teams graded
Bgs 9-9.5 Jordan or shaq...

RE: Looking to buy 92-93 beam teams graded
I have also been trying to pick up a 9-9.5 Shaq Beam Team, I am not to familiar with the different grading methods, what is the difference between the Beckett BCCG and the regular beckett slabs? Theres a couple of BCCG 10s on ebay, but they look nowhere near as nice as the beckett 9.5 with subgrades that sold yesterday.

(12-27-2012, 02:23 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: I have also been trying to pick up a 9-9.5 Shaq Beam Team, I am not to familiar with the different grading methods, what is the difference between the Beckett BCCG and the regular beckett slabs? Theres a couple of BCCG 10s on ebay, but they look nowhere near as nice as the beckett 9.5 with subgrades that sold yesterday.
I don't go for BCCG. I don't care for the flip and feel the guidelines for gradi are too loose. A lot of dealers will send in bulk orders BCCG because the rates are lower. I feel BGS is a better service. I was bidding on a BGS 9.5 Shaq last night and lost it in the last seconds for $1. Went for $163. Seriously bummed.

The prices people are asking on eBay are insane. VCP avg for the Shaq in 9.5 is around 200 and they are asking 150 or more for 9s. Something about that set has people asking way over the average price.

Quote:The prices people are asking on eBay are insane. VCP avg for the Shaq in 9.5 is around 200 and they are asking 150 or more for 9s. Something about that set has people asking way over the average price.

The prices people ask are based on us collectors. If none of us would pay the prices they will go down until finally someone buys it. RGIII and Luck Cards are made out of the same cardboard as Michael Floyd cards, but collectors are paying 4-10 times the prices for the cards.

I just sold a $20 BV reggie Miller card for $50 cash to some guy in China. Kobe Refractors and Short print cards sell crazy over book on ebay all the time. One of his 90's refractors sold for $333 a few weeks back. That is over 2X the BV of $150. But there are 5 million Kobe collectors and only 150 of those cards.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(12-27-2012, 03:10 PM)briankort Wrote: The prices people ask are based on us collectors. If none of us would pay the prices they will go down until finally someone buys it. RGIII and Luck Cards are made out of the same cardboard as Michael Floyd cards, but collectors are paying 4-10 times the prices for the cards.

I just sold a $20 BV reggie Miller card for $50 cash to some guy in China. Kobe Refractors and Short print cards sell crazy over book on ebay all the time. One of his 90's refractors sold for $333 a few weeks back. That is over 2X the BV of $150. But there are 5 million Kobe collectors and only 150 of those cards.
The point on the Kobe refractor is a little different based on a finite number of a very limited card. The VCP data is compiled from all recent sales. No Shaq Beam Teams have sold anywhere near the $350 amd up people are currently asking. In fact, the bgs 9's have struggled to sell even as high as $100 recently. Bottom line on these cards, people are asking for record high numbers on eBay at the moment. Sad to miss out on a great one last night but I for one refuse to set records for a card that is not very rare or vintage. Heck, there is still a TON of unopened series 2 Stadium Club wax out there and pops will certainly go up. I may even pick up a few for a self pillar say 25/30 a box. I would happily pay $200 for a nice 9.5 but $350 or more...insane.

Great point regarding the unopened SC. I busted a box this fall and hit a Jordan Beam Team. I am now regretting not including it in my recent BGS order.

I have a shaq beam team Im looking to get graded once I get a few more cards im waiting for in the mail. Once its graded, if it reads 9+ Ill let you know.

(12-27-2012, 02:56 PM)user_3n5kp Wrote: I don't go for BCCG. I don't care for the flip and feel the guidelines for gradi are too loose. A lot of dealers will send in bulk orders BCCG because the rates are lower. I feel BGS is a better service. I was bidding on a BGS 9.5 Shaq last night and lost it in the last seconds for $1. Went for $163. Seriously bummed.

The prices people are asking on eBay are insane. VCP avg for the Shaq in 9.5 is around 200 and they are asking 150 or more for 9s. Something about that set has people asking way over the average price.
I think it is hard to get a 9-9.5 on these cards, almost everyone I have seen and the three I own are all off centered. I was going to bid on that one last night, but opted not to in hopes of picking up either the Super Rave, or the Golden Touch and NoyzBoyz. The Beam Team that sold last night I think had better centering than any of the ones on there now. The BCCG 10 ending in a couple hours is pretty off centered. I don't understand how it can be a 10......

Because BCCG is a joke at best.