`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Latest pick ups 2/18/13 update...

RE: Latest pick ups 2/07/13 update...
Also, that's a ridiculous $20 Sterling lot. Where'd you land that one? Hamilton alone seems to be going for that. Nicely done.
Kepler

Got them at a local card show, this guy must have opened a ton of Sterling because he had close to a hundred base autos. I picked those four out and he barely even looked at them and just said 20 bucks. I paid immediately lol. I was half tempted to flip the Hamilton but I don't know when I will be able to get another for such a good deal.
I should have bought more now that I think about it.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Yeah, probably should've. They don't carry the highest BV around right now, but they're sharp looking and the guys are young enough that it could end up being a solid investment down the road. Makes me wish my LCS actually cared about baseball (they're mostly football) or that we actually had decent card shows around here. Anything with an auto or mem involved with it goes for book (with no wiggle room), regardless of who it is or how old, unless it's a Twin at which point it goes for at least double.
Kepler

(02-07-2013, 01:28 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yeah, probably should've. They don't carry the highest BV around right now, but they're sharp looking and the guys are young enough that it could end up being a solid investment down the road. Makes me wish my LCS actually cared about baseball (they're mostly football) or that we actually had decent card shows around here. Anything with an auto or mem involved with it goes for book (with no wiggle room), regardless of who it is or how old, unless it's a Twin at which point it goes for at least double.
That's tough, I'm glad that here in Chicago the only stuff that they try to sell high with no wiggle room is Chicago stuff. Most everything else has room to deal except high end color prospect autos.

(02-07-2013, 01:42 PM)Haze28 Wrote: That's tough, I'm glad that here in Chicago the only stuff that they try to sell high with no wiggle room is Chicago stuff. Most everything else has room to deal except high end color prospect autos.
The more I think about it, the more dissatisfied I am with the LCS I go to. I own 3 graded cards and that's about what they have for sale. Virtually no autos, relics or color to speak of and the vintage is kind of a joke ... unless you want to sort through the 5,000 count box looking for the one or two without huge creases.

There's another LCS, but it's about a 40 minute drive, whereas the one I go to (basically for supplies) is less than 10.

It's settled ... I need to move somewhere where baseball is king and has awesome shops. lol
Kepler

It's not always a good thing to have a good shop real close, I live 3 blocks away from my LCS and it has cost me a small fortune over the last two years since it opened. But, one thing I can say is that they have an amazing assortment of cards in the shop. They rent display cases out to many different people and they can put anything they want in them. There is graded, prospect, vintage, autos, nice relic cards, auto'd memorabilia and All kinds of other stuff. If there is something you are looking for they will try to find it for you too. I love it!

Ugh ... I'm ridiculously jealous right now. The only good thing I can say about mine is that they don't pay attention to any non-local, so I was able to pick up about 30 Jeters that book for $2-$6 for 25 cents a piece. But now that I've cleaned that section out, I may need to move on.

I really like the idea of renting out display space. That's a great way to get variety in there.
Kepler

(02-07-2013, 02:30 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Ugh ... I'm ridiculously jealous right now. The only good thing I can say about mine is that they don't pay attention to any non-local, so I was able to pick up about 30 Jeters that book for $2-$6 for 25 cents a piece. But now that I've cleaned that section out, I may need to move on.

I really like the idea of renting out display space. That's a great way to get variety in there.
The case rental is a brilliant idea, they don't have to carry a ton of singles at the store and like you said it keeps a wide variety of product for customers to choose from. They had to set some ground rules for the renters because there was a bunch of underhanded crap going on a couple months ago and it lead to the booting a guy out that had two cases and carried some insane cards. I've been thinking about renting a case for a few months just to thin out my collection, make a little money and kind of get used to the idea of selling my stuff instead of just letting it pile up lol.

Ya know, it's not as tough as I thought it would be. Granted, I'm only moving a little bit of football here and there and for pretty low prices, but I haven't flinched at all. Of course that could change a little when I get into some of the stuff I actually care about. lol.

But if you can get some space and have the cards to do it and make it worthwhile, I think you should go for it. Make some $ to advance your Hochevar collection Big Grin
Kepler

RE: Latest pick ups 2/18/13 update...
Some new stuff, the 2 Finest reds I submitted for grading and was very happy with the outcome. Finally scored a Matt Wieters auto too, plus a few new additions to my prospect PC.
[Image: IMG_0003-1_zps5a8959c7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0004-1_zps4bc70b2c.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0005-1_zps3d4d14d8.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0006_zpsca4d431b.jpg]