`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My $250 toilet flush...

RE: My $250 toilet flush...
I broke 7 boxes of strata and managed to get the case hit but all in all i got garbage. Here is the break down. Ill post a topic with pics later.

Colby Fleener Gold Clear Cut 1 Color Jersey Auto /99
Colby Fleener Bronze Clear Cut Auto Redemption
Michael Egnew Base Clear Cut 1 Color Jersey Auto
Bernard Pierce Blue Clear Cut Auto Redmeption
T.Y. Hilton Base Clear Cut All White Jersey Auto
Nick Toon Green Clear Cut 3 Color Jersey Auto /55
DeVier Posey Shadow Box Jersey Auto 15/15 <- Nice number....this is the case hit and technically it is 3 color however the patch part is small and is behind the picture of the player on both sides so it mostly looks like just 1 color.

I got 2 base card variations only numbered to /99 Donta Hightower and some bum i cant remember his name

I did get 3 Jersey patches /65

Alshon Jeffery Barely 2 Color Patch 65/65 <-again nice number
Bernard Pierce 3 Color Patch /65
Michael Flloyd Patch with CA from the cardinals part of his jersey<-Probably my 2nd best hit

Did get a printing plate
My best hit Brandon Weeden Yellow 1/1
However it would only bring me $30 on ebay if i was lucky so ill just keep it

My diecut cards all sucked and got 1 double best player was weeden again
My base autos were all of undrafted nobodies except for

Luke Kuechly Auto /150

Lastly i got a base jersey of TJ Graham Brandon Weeden and someone undrafted from the raiders

I spent over around $450 and would be doing great if i were able to even get $200 selling these
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

absolute is usually one of my favorite product lines, but for some reason, atleast to me, they just look ugly as all hell this year.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

(12-26-2012, 01:55 AM)melcmd Wrote: Sorry about the breaks, Wendy. The only consolation is the Strata is relatively inexpensive. I bought a case from Blowout cards in a pre-sell. While waiting, I bought 2 boxes from an LCS in Phoenix ($85-90 each) and 1 box in Minneapolis ($70). I got 3 Greg Childs autos. This guy had a career threatening injury in the preseason (think Kenny Irons from a few years ago).

I feel like they are just dumping his autos.

If it was over $100, I'd agree completely with you. That's why I don't do Absolute any more.
I paid $90 for the box here in Denver, I'd be happier with the $70 price tag. LOL Wink

Hope your case nets you something big. I want to see you land a nice Luck /5 or something. That will make me feel better about my tragic disaster.

I miss seeing you around more...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(12-27-2012, 12:24 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: I paid $90 for the box here in Denver, I'd be happier with the $70 price tag. LOL Wink

Hope your case nets you something big. I want to see you land a nice Luck /5 or something. That will make me feel better about my tragic disaster.

I miss seeing you around more...
been recouping from a back injury the past two months (yet still working...). Going to take a week or two of medical league to heal. Should have an opportunity to share some of my purchases and breaks soon.

In all fairness, though, I haven't bought a lot this season. Strata was my 1st case. I waited on Panini Black to see what the chipping was like. I'm glad I did.

Strata does have some multi-color patch non-auto cards that might be an affordable set for a lot colors. One could probably do the entire series for the price of a box.

I think I lucked out with my case though. The card shop I purchase from in Glendale sold the Strata Luck 1/1 glove/auto. I bought 2 boxes from the same case and didn't do so well (@$85-90/box). If I had bought that case...who knows.

(12-22-2012, 08:24 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: It's one of those experiences that makes me question this hobby.

The guy at the shop said, "You know, I think Givens will be good. Bradford is getting hot." I wanted to tell him to @%$%&&#$@#!!, but instead said "Yeah, thanks."
Yeah, at that point what can you really say.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(12-27-2012, 11:11 AM)melcmd Wrote: I think I lucked out with my case though.
Sorry to hear you're not well, but I know your case made you feel better!! Congrats my friend!! Big Grin

(12-28-2012, 11:31 AM)cweiland Wrote: Yeah, at that point what can you really say.
...on both sides of the counter!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Had my 1st acupuncture treatment today. I feel much better now.

There seems to be a lot of love in Strata for Greg Childs, DeVier Posey and Nick Toon.....Ugh!

wowo sorry nice luck atleast
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I'd be interested in the TY Hilton Redemption and the Givens Clear Cut. Check my org.
Things I collect:

- Dallas Cowboys Autos, Game-Used & Patches
- Arizona Cardinals Autos, Game-Used & Patches
- Quite a few stars and anything that catches my eye

Check my org for my cards for trade.

Here is a link if you want to see pictures:
http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/user/so...k/library/