Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with grading!

Help with grading!
Hello,

I have found, at a local pawn shop, a 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson RC #50. I have inspected the card and here are my findings. Centering is good, corners are worn but decent, has 5 creases, a medium sized water stain, and the coloring is good. The card isn't graded and boost a $249.99 + tax price tag. I was able to talk them down to $200 + tax. Based on what I know about judging a cards grade, which isn't much, I gave it a 2 (fair). I would like to purchase the card but I'm not so sure of the price.

Sight unseen what's your grade for the card based on my description?

How much do you think would be a fair price to offer?

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

RE: Help with grading!
Just looked on the bay and a PSA 1.5 is at about what your offer is and there is almost 2 hours left in the auction. I would say offer 10-15% less if you go back and see what they say. Tell them you researched online going prices for the card in the condition it is and going prices are 25% less then your first offer so would they consider $150-$175. Then if they accept I would probably send it for grading...I love that card and it's a pretty good chunk of change to get it in EX condition or better......

(12-20-2012, 04:05 PM)lilgman Wrote: Just looked on the bay and a PSA 1.5 is at about what your offer is and there is almost 2 hours left in the auction. I would say offer 10-15% less if you go back and see what they say. Tell them you researched online going prices for the card in the condition it is and going prices are 25% less then your first offer so would they consider $150-$175. Then if they accept I would probably send it for grading...I love that card and it's a pretty good chunk of change to get it in EX condition or better......
Thanks for the insight! I'm going to try and offer $125 and take it from there. Hopefully they'll bite on the opportunity to off load it. Needless to say it's been sitting there for a while.
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

Doesnt pertain to your question but is that FT Campbell's PX behind you?

(12-22-2012, 05:25 AM)renfrow831 Wrote: Doesnt pertain to your question but is that FT Campbell's PX behind you?
Nope that's the South Post PX on FT. Bragg.