Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Box Topper and Magnetic One Touch Question

RE: Box Topper and Magnetic One Touch Question
(12-21-2012, 04:38 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Yah this is a scan of the card
[Image: KGrHqFpEFDIru5fPBQ0q6qiqg60_12_zpsb0eb04f7.jpg]
not a fan, but that is a nice card.

(12-22-2012, 01:12 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: And I would ignore a bidder like you. A negotiation is offer, offer and meet at a fair median. Your method is to just be a jerk.

On the subject, the last Walton sold for 32 plus shipping, so I'd counter in the 30-35 range and that should be fair to both parties.
Calling someone a jerk on how they negotiate seems a little extreme. Nowhere does it say you can't re-counter in a negotiation. If that's the rule I didn't get the memo.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

(12-22-2012, 01:12 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: And I would ignore a bidder like you. A negotiation is offer, offer and meet at a fair median. Your method is to just be a jerk.

On the subject, the last Walton sold for 32 plus shipping, so I'd counter in the 30-35 range and that should be fair to both parties.
I would never ignore a buyer. Ignoring a buyer because you may feel offended will not make your items sell faster. Someone may honestly not know how much something sells for. They can also try to gauge what a seller is willing to accept. They may be willing to buy 4 or 5 items from you, but closing a door on a potential buyer limits a person as a seller. I would never make an offer personal because it's all business.

As an example I was selling an item that I wanted $250 for. The buyer offered $75. I simply countered for $180. The buyer waited until someone else placed an offer before they accepted my counter. They paid within 2hrs. I was satisfied and they got what they wanted. I usually check the bid history and if a seller has a history of letting offers expire I am less likely to place an offer.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(12-21-2012, 09:45 PM)taffster74 Wrote: He's asking way to much for it. Sounds like - if he's including shipping in that price, that he's really hiking up the shipping as well. I'd be asking him exactly why he wants so much. simply saying "they're in demand" is not satisfactory.
His BIN is 119.99 + 4.99 Shipping. So the shipping is definitely not included in the price.....
(12-21-2012, 11:36 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I don't know what the card books for. Saying that something is "in demand"....is just a guy trying to make an excuse when he has no good answer to your question. I understand it is a PC card....but so would perhaps the two other Walton autos you could get for the $50 that this guy wants. Bear in mind that I say this knowing absolutely nothing about the Walton auto market. Personally? When it comes to dollars I am a shrewd negotiator. I would either counter at $22 or counter at $15. Doing this sends 2 messages. It says that you aren't comfortable coming too far off of your originaly offer. If this guy is unreasonable you will know by HIS counter. Countering at $15 would then make $21 look pretty good. I suppoer it depends on how badly you wants this box topper.
The card doesn't book for to much, their counteroffer was $20 over book value. When I asked them why they wanted so much more than book value they said

"Book value is only updated regularly when cards are released & when market changes. These 5x7's go for way more than book value. The last Walton I saw went for $60+. Thanks for your offer!"

I understand some sellers put higher values on their cards than others and I can't be upset at him for wanting a particular price whether I like it or not, but the only Walton I saw sold in October for like $34 or something... so I messaged the seller and told them that I could only find the one that ended October, I gave them the link to the ended auction, I told them I would offer $35, and if they could show me any evidence of this card going for more than that I would consider raising my offer price. I haven't heard back from him yet, but the Walton PMG Green just came up on auction so I think might focus all of my resources on acquiring this.
(12-22-2012, 04:14 AM)folkertino Wrote: not a fan, but that is a nice card.
Yeah lol I thought so too, I prefer cards where he is in his clippers uniform, particularly when they are San Diego Clippers uniforms. I picked up a Rodman auto you might be interested in, it's from the new Ultimate Leaf, the Gold Auto #ed to 10.
(12-22-2012, 11:04 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: I would never ignore a buyer. Ignoring a buyer because you may feel offended will not make your items sell faster. Someone may honestly not know how much something sells for. They can also try to gauge what a seller is willing to accept. They may be willing to buy 4 or 5 items from you, but closing a door on a potential buyer limits a person as a seller. I would never make an offer personal because it's all business.

As an example I was selling an item that I wanted $250 for. The buyer offered $75. I simply countered for $180. The buyer waited until someone else placed an offer before they accepted my counter. They paid within 2hrs. I was satisfied and they got what they wanted. I usually check the bid history and if a seller has a history of letting offers expire I am less likely to place an offer.
That is an excellent point, I don't do much selling with my cards but I know in the line of work I am in I get bids all the time that honestly I find insulting but you really do have to realize it is a part of business and you cannot operate a business that way or you will most certainly lose money eventually. However if your already doing great business I suppose it is your luxury to chose how you want to handle a customer. If you can afford to lose a potential customer than I guess it really doesn't matter.

I agree that the last thing you want to do is piss off the seller especially if you really want the card or it is rare enough you might not see one again. Good business works both ways, I don't think a seller should ignore out of spite but they definitely should not take less than what they really want if they can afford to keep it.

I say wait it out there are 48 others out there that will eventually maybe make there way to be listed. For example I was looking to get a sam jones celtics auto eventually I got one but ones I were watching were going for 40$ and up. I got one for a bit over bv but worth it since its #d/25 and pc so its mine now.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(12-22-2012, 12:15 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: I say wait it out there are 48 others out there that will eventually maybe make there way to be listed. For example I was looking to get a sam jones celtics auto eventually I got one but ones I were watching were going for 40$ and up. I got one for a bit over bv but worth it since its #d/25 and pc so its mine now.
Thanks for the advice, I've decided to hold off for now to pursue the Walton PMG Green. Just out of curiosity, do you have any Waltons in your Celtics PC?