`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would you do if you got this from Topps?

What would you do if you got this from Topps?
Just wondering if you got this from Topps if you would go for another card or just keep waiting for this one...

Dear Consumer.

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15 week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

PIN #: Product: Card/Player Name
GRCM9A1BHJ Bowman Platinum Baseball Auto Prospect Refractor of Tyrell Jenkins

Our staff is working diligently to process and ship your redemption card as soon as possible. Please continue to check your Online Redemption account for updates regarding the status of your card.

If you no longer wish to wait for the redemption card, please contact our Consumer Relations team in order to place a substitution request for a card of equal Beckett value.

Do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations department via phone at 1-800-489-9149 or via email at support@etopps.com for assistance. A consumer relations representative will be available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30 pm (ET).

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
The Topps Company, Inc.

Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

RE: What would you do if you got this from Topps?
If me I would ask for a different auto.
What refractor is it?

I got one of those emails last week for my 2012 Tribute Eric Hosmer auto. I've seen some on eBay and wonder where mine is. I'm just going to keep waiting. Good luck on whatever you decide.

No matter what, make sure you talk to a live person and at least try to negotiate (in my experience, Panini is really good at this and Topps is not ...)

Definitely tell them what teams you'd prefer, because they're just going to go by book value.

They'll tell you "we can't promise," but it's worth a shot.

If you wait and wait, they may just send you a replacement of their choice, not yours.

Perfect example ... I had a Darwin Adams auto redemption from Topps Platinum last year — not a great player, but it definitely would be a nice-looking card from a nice-looking product.

I got a note like yours, but just waited it out without contacting them.

About a month after that, I got my "replacement" — a 2010 Topps Magic auto of James Hardy.

He had already been out of the league by about a year and a half by then.

The worst part? I already had one.

Unless you really want it, I would ask for a player or team that you collect and see what happens
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I just contacted Topps (or tried) this week about two redemptions that hit the 15-week mark: 2011 Platinum Matt Harvey and 2012 Platinum Derek Norris.

I called like the email said to, waited on hold for 10 minutes and was then transferred to voice mail. I left a message and didn't hear anything back for 3 days. I emailed them yesterday and got the following response:

"Thank you for contacting The Topps Company. Our offices have been affected by hurricane Sandy and at this time our New York office is closed. We are working diligently to get our offices up and running. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your understanding. Sincerely, Customer Service Team."

So, if this is true, nobody might be getting anything for a while. Sucks too, because I really don't want another Derek Norris auto ... already got my /199.
Kepler

I just asked for a replacement too I had a Moustakas 2011 red refractor /25 that I have been waiting on for over a year. Really disappointed but the card is no good if I can't get it. I am gonna be really upset if they send me a no name with higher numbering, thats the part I am worried about.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

(12-22-2012, 07:17 PM)totally sports Wrote: I just asked for a replacement too I had a Moustakas 2011 red refractor /25 that I have been waiting on for over a year. Really disappointed but the card is no good if I can't get it. I am gonna be really upset if they send me a no name with higher numbering, thats the part I am worried about.
That is too bad -what a nice card. He has so many topps auto's I am surprised they can't get it
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Thanks for the responses. Thought about it for a while and decided to send an email asking if I could get a Yankee auto refractor instead. Hopefully they'll respond after Xmas. Once again thanks for the responses. Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I am going through the same predicament. I am waiting on a 2011 Topps Chrome cut from the same cloth Parker\Peacock auto #/5. After talking with topps, said they have Parker but waiting on Peacock. So let the waiting game begin.