IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
save your money buy hobby...

save your money buy hobby...
Went to Wal mart and seen 2012 crown so I bought a box
Cool looking cards
Hits : none don't even think I got a rc ...not sure and if I did there nobodys ...
Pc : base ingram and julio
A couple inserts of no ones and got one Bruce irvin gold die cut giving to my boy gjhobbs

I knew I should have bought strata or absloute hope some one else has better luck
[Image: 1V8zK.jpg]

RE: save your money buy hobby...
Yeah strata is pretty good i bought 2 boxes and got 2 autos

If you're talking retail, definitely go for Absolute ... at least you get the one jersey ... I have busted four blasters of Strata and got nothing but base ... though I did get two Lucks, two Wilsons and an RGIII ...

So in that sense, I guess it depends what you're looking for ... but I'm done with Strata.

Never buy Panini retail, Topps retail you have a much better chance for decent hits

(12-21-2012, 11:11 PM)solid133 Wrote: Never buy Panini retail, Topps retail you have a much better chance for decent hits
I've had a had time pulling anything out of Topps retail, for some reason ... other than Allen & Ginter, I do pretty well with that.

But man, other than A&G, it's been years since I pulled an auto out of Topps retail.

(I don't count Bowman or BC, they tend to seed the autos pretty well in retail.)

just never get your hopes up for Retail. pray for that random golden ticket
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

Just my two cents, but I just busted a Crown Royale blaster from Walmart and did okay, I think. I got three rcs, 4 inserts(knew them all) and Rookie Paydirt jersey of Robert Turbin. Sorry about your break.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Thanks guys I usually buy a blaster of new product when they come out like crown, strata , and absloute then base my decision off those to see what hobby box I will purchase , as far as a promise hit from each box ...I don't do I'd rather loose on a blaster break than get a non numbered jersey card , I'd rather face my odds and get something better or nothing at all..any thoughts on that ? Maybe its just me
[Image: 1V8zK.jpg]

When its all said and done if you spend $140 on Blasters over time (7 blasters) you will get more and better hits if you spent that $140 on a hobby box. I know the itch all too well lol I wish I had a LCS nearby so I would quit wasting my time on Blasters lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-21-2012, 11:25 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've had a had time pulling anything out of Topps retail, for some reason ... other than Allen & Ginter, I do pretty well with that.

But man, other than A&G, it's been years since I pulled an auto out of Topps retail.

(I don't count Bowman or BC, they tend to seed the autos pretty well in retail.)
Not even 2010 Topps Magic football - retail was loaded with autos? I even pulled a dual auto out of one.

Topps Strata blasters actually have pretty strong odds at an auto (its 1:41 packs which with 8 in a blaster is about 1:5) - unfortuantely they also have a 50% chance of nothing but base (and the sorting is bad as well).