`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I know lots of people ask for 1/1 pricing.....

I know lots of people ask for 1/1 pricing.....
....but Beckett "certified appraisals"? Am I insane? There's a reason the price guide is MONTHLY and the OPG is updated constantly. I hope these appraisals have dates on them. That way, when someone on Ebay or COMC or wherever expects me to pay anywhere close to the "appraised value", I can tell them why they wasted their money for getting an appraisal in the first place.

Analogy: I appraise Google's stock at $715.63 as of right now, and I will give it to you in writing. (Bad idea, but anyway...) How much weight do you figure that "appraisal" will carry in 3 months? Exactly.

RE: I know lots of people ask for 1/1 pricing.....
what a joke.who would pay for that anyway?.....Hmmmm..
can i get a value for my cats,golf cart and woodstove too since he/she will be "appraising" stuff anyway?
Wink
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Especially at $15 a pop. It's a joke. Makes it sound like there is all kind of hidden card data that would make it more accurate than we could do on our own. I do my own appraisals, its called ebay completed listings....

I think as far as the hobby goes it is not worth much but I can see value in it as far as insuring your collection.
[Image: rickeybanner.png]

Collecting: Rickey Henderson, Lyle Overbay, Bob Coluccio and Jerome Iginla

Maybe they were thinking about sports memorabilia. And not cards per se. I didnt read the article so i can only assume.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(12-21-2012, 06:43 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: ....but Beckett "certified appraisals"? Am I insane? There's a reason the price guide is MONTHLY and the OPG is updated constantly. I hope these appraisals have dates on them. That way, when someone on Ebay or COMC or wherever expects me to pay anywhere close to the "appraised value", I can tell them why they wasted their money for getting an appraisal in the first place.

Analogy: I appraise Google's stock at $715.63 as of right now, and I will give it to you in writing. (Bad idea, but anyway...) How much weight do you figure that "appraisal" will carry in 3 months? Exactly.
I just looked at it and they gave a Bonus b/c the Vick card was serial #'ed to his jersey #.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(12-21-2012, 09:12 PM)stevep0422 Wrote: I think as far as the hobby goes it is not worth much but I can see value in it as far as insuring your collection.
bingo

but as a professional appraiser, i can do exactly what they would do to suss out the price - as can any of you. the process isnt hard. but they have "authority", so a cert from is worth more than from me

but ill only charge 10 dollars, and provide documentation in HOW i came to the price

(my usual rate is 65/hour)