`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly?

Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly?
I bought a box of Bowman Sterling and pulled this guy. I was wondering if he is going to make it to the Big Leagues. One reason why I asked it was my first time pulling a RC superfractor

Edit 5-20-14 I havent been able to watch a tigers game when Smyly is pitching. How is he doing this year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: smyly.jpg]

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

RE: Tigers fans do you know anything about Drew Smyly?
He is projected as the 5th starter for 2013. He was up this past season and didnt do really good. They had him in the bullpen during the playoffs. I saw him pitch when he was at Erie in 2011. Really nice guy. Talked to my son about being a ballplayer and working hard to make your dreams come true. Congrats on the pull, wish it had been me.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

He beat this Adam Wilk, who is going to South Korea, for the 5th starter spot.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

The previous posters are correct. He will be Leyland's 5th starter in the rotation. I would hang onto the card. He is a tall lefty and I think he has some potential.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Plus it's a SuperFractor, cweiland.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

thanks guys I will have to put this card in my prospects PC. being a starter is a good start.

Its looks like him or Porcello (if he doesn't get traded) for the 5th spot in the rotation. Nice pull
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

Not sure why yankeescop thinks Smyly "didn't do really good" this year. I watched Smyly all year. He was a 23 year old rookie (22 on opening day) this year. Posted a 3.99 era with a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio and almost a strikeout per inning with a whip of 1.27 in 18 starts and 6 appearances out of the pen. Not too shabby for a rookie who started the previous season in Class A and finished in AA.

I would hold on to him if I were you. I like his makeup. He takes the mound and is not intimidated. He has great mechanics and I can see him in the future being a legitimate #3 starter, maybe even better.

(12-22-2012, 10:01 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Not sure why yankeescop thinks Smyly "didn't do really good" this year. I watched Smyly all year. He was a 23 year old rookie (22 on opening day) this year. Posted a 3.99 era with a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio and almost a strikeout per inning with a whip of 1.27 in 18 starts and 6 appearances out of the pen. Not too shabby for a rookie who started the previous season in Class A and finished in AA.

I would hold on to him if I were you. I like his makeup. He takes the mound and is not intimidated. He has great mechanics and I can see him in the future being a legitimate #3 starter, maybe even better.
Agree 100 percent
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

Thank you ringer and mgruber