`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scale 0-10...How much do you like Press Pass???

Scale 0-10...How much do you like Press Pass???
Just curious what the majority thinks.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Scale 0-10...How much do you like Press Pass???
I'm quite a fan. I like the card designs and while I have not had to deal with their customer service myself I have heard very good things about them from others. I would give them a solid 7/10 with the only thing letting them down is that they don't have an NFL licence.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

I like them but I do think they are flooding the market in Racing with so many different sets
Photobucket

5/10. menz a menz.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

College Football prior to losing the license to UD - I give them a 11/10. I was a HUGE fan of collegiate cards with ON CARD AUTOS.

Now, I give them a 6/10
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I like Press Pass. Its a fun cheap break for some on card autos. I give them a 7
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

(12-18-2012, 07:55 PM)ugameck Wrote: College Football prior to losing the license to UD - I give them a 11/10. I was a HUGE fan of collegiate cards with ON CARD AUTOS.

Now, I give them a 6/10
+1 ... there was a time when Press Pass and SAGE were arguably the best deals in trading cards, as far as cost versus what you actually get.

Now, they're so limited design-wise by the licensing thing that it's hard for me to get pumped about ... really bland head shots or completely random workout photos.

Example ... I'm a big USC fan and have been waiting for Matt Barkley's stuff for a couple of years now ... it's either UD or nothing if I want all the action photos and logos and what not.

Press Pass was great during the Mike Williams-Reggie Bush-Matt Leinart-LenDale White years as far as USC on-card autos.

3/10. They were fine when they had the college license and they are completely pointless without the college license. Only thing worse than Press Pass is SAGE and Leaf. Actually some of the Leaf stuff is OK I guess. But without the College logos, what little interest I had in those 3 companies has faded. Then again I'm not a big college collector anyway.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(12-18-2012, 08:01 PM)bselje Wrote: 3/10. They were fine when they had the college license and they are completely pointless without the college license. Only thing worse than Press Pass is SAGE and Leaf. Actually some of the Leaf stuff is OK I guess. But without the College logos, what little interest I had in those 3 companies has faded. Then again I'm not a big college collector anyway.
I will say this for Leaf ... they are definitely trying to find their niche, like the Pete Rose auto blasters, and the fact that they're the only company that currently has Damian Lillard autos (probable NBA rookie of the year for those football-only guys)

(And no, I don't work for Leaf, LOL — I just respect the fact that they're trying to be unique despite their limitations with licensing.)

Although, the "best of" products make me uncomfortable ... I don't even see how they can sell other companies' cards, but apparently they can ...

I love Press Pass. It is the only box i get every year and put the set together. I love the oncard autos. It was sad to see them lose the college license.
I also like how they do the legends and get guys who dont have autos currently get them.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn