`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
to peel, or not to peel

to peel, or not to peel
picked up some packs of 99 finest (with the protective, peel off cover) and noticed they are curved a lot more than "un-peeled" cards i have had in sleeves/boxes for years.
It made me wonder if the protective cover makes em curve that much, should I remove it? or are they curved more because they have been in packs on a shelf and not properly stored? also there's the card value to consider, not that they're worth a lot but i would want to keep em in the best, original condition for trading/selling. So my question is, what do you prefer to do, peel or not? or do ya think it even matters...
[Image: 99finestcbaileyrc001.jpg]
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

RE: to peel, or not to peel
I wouldnt peel but of course I would send it to me lol nice Card But I have a bunch and havent peeled any of them
Photobucket

I would not peel unless I was sending it in to be graded.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Dont peel. Put in toploaders if you wanna flatten them out.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I wouldn't peel, the only ones I peeled are the mystery finest (black non-transparent protector) and a few 98s that the protector was already starting to come off.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

I always peel mine...they look meh with that stupid protector on imo

I always peel mine prior to grading. If I'm just storing them then I don't bother. I noticed on the 1999 Finest cards that some of the lettering from the peel gets stuck to the card after peeling. Just use a micro fiber cloth to clear it up.

sorry for the slow response, the snow took out the satelite dish. thanks for the advice everyone, Im pretty much in agreement to not peel em. they will be in my FT org eventually, probably after the 21st (if the world is still here LOL)
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Im pretty sure that curvature is just how those cards were made. Kind of drove me nuts but made them easy to pick up off a table.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com