`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Be Thankfull For This Site

Be Thankfull For This Site
I know this site has seen some hard times, and the traffic isn't what we all want it to be. But at times like this, im thankfull to be a member of this site. There is a major scam that has come to light on another forum im on, and the losses are estimated to be between $20K-50K. The mods do a great job on this site to keep scammers away and most of the rules that people dont like (mystery packs, group breaks, etc) are not only protecting beckett but us as well. We have a great community here and i hope we keep it like that!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Be Thankfull For This Site
Thanks for providing the positive feedback. As someone who is new (well actually re-newed) to the hobby I can agree. It is so nice to have a place to go to get honest advice and feedback. I belong to two sites and this is the one that other members seem to show an honest interest in knowing more about my collection while also providing feedback regarding their experiences.

(12-17-2012, 05:22 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: I know this site has seen some hard times, and the traffic isn't what we all want it to be. But at times like this, im thankfull to be a member of this site. There is a major scam that has come to light on another forum im on, and the losses are estimated to be between $20K-50K. The mods do a great job on this site to keep scammers away and most of the rules that people dont like (mystery packs, group breaks, etc) are not only protecting beckett but us as well. We have a great community here and i hope we keep it like that!!!!
I agree completely! We haven't had a bad experience here yet and have had the opportunity to trade with many excellent and gracious people. This site has helped get my daughter more into collecting than I could have hoped for and I am very grateful for it. Excellent thread!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

pretty much, a member started doing low end sells, trades, mystery lots and built up positive feedback. they then moved on to higher end mystery lots (thinking around $400 a spot) and now it has pretty much became a scam.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

And, people on this particular site are all very kind and helpful. There are other forums in which everyone is a raging as.shole about everything. The joy of the hobby remains here; it has been drained on other sites.

I'm not to familiar with other forums, but that is because I haven't felt the need to go check out anything else. Everyone I have encountered on here has been a pleasure to talk to and easy to deal with. I never see any BS drama or out of control arguing between members. This is definitely the forum to be on and I think it's just gonna keep getting better. I do wish however, some changes could be made to the ORG. The Buy/Sell/Trade format they used in the late 90's early 00's was much easier to use IMO.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

People can scam on any site this one included. Sure there is feedback systems in place but its still run on trust and rep.

I enjoy this site however I find it very slow here. Back before the big system change this site was crazy busy. I do like the current member base I just wish there were alot more good honest members that post more.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.
Heart 
I just wish there were more collectors on this side of things.

BUT:

For me, I frequent this site the most; for conversations, posting cards, and even a trade every now and again. Not like I used to though.

I look at others too sometimes for different reasons,

I learn a lot from there even though most of the long time members on there can be A holes, but I don't trade on there.

use mainly just for trading. No convo going on there. The trades I've made on there have been flawless as well. That's the only other site that I have feedback on except for eBay and here.

If given a choice, Beckett first. There's more of a mixture of what I enjoy on this site compared to any others that I've seen or been on. members on here are more friendlier tooSmile

When pics are posted on here, people comment 90% of the time rather than "view" it. I HATE THAT.

Gonna vew it? Leave a word or two, MEANS A LOT TO MOST, that's why we show our pride and joy to everyone on here, hoping to get a little love from the crowdSmile Most people live and die by the internet sites because that's all we have access to. LCS are very rare now a days...so drop a line!!

Everyone has there own reasoning for doing what they do, some like this site, and others don't. Oh wellSmile

I trade on two other forums and post trades here occasionally anymore because of the slow traffic.

This is the only forum that I discuss topics with, ever. The mods do a great job of keeping this site free of "bad apples". We know a few bad members can make any forum a bad experience. That happens here much less frequently.

I also know this site has less scammer types and I reccommend this forum to new online traders asking me about it, for that reason.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

For someone who recently got back into cards this site has been the only one I've used just because of you other collectors/traders. I completed my first trade about a week or 2 ago and being a noob i had a ton of questions and the other trader was so helpful and patient. It's people like that that keep me coming back to this site and forums. Even the little "Great hit!" posts on a box break is awesome and I just think it's a great community here. So a personal thank you to everyone who's been helpful and just straight up nice to a new guy on here.