`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I dont get it.

I dont get it.
So we all know the gold Prizms /10 are hot. Thats cool. Theres a couple lebrons which have sold between $800 and $1100. Whats not cool is I have a lebron from Gold Standard (slightly higher end product) 14k Gold /10. Id be lucky to get $300. IT HAS REAL GOLD IN IT!! Prizms have nothing!!!!!!just a pic and its shinny. The Gold Standards even have a smaller player list. I just needed to vent. Chime in if you want.
Also, there are the PMG's which get top dollar. Umm Gold is a real precious metal people. WTF?
Almost seems like everytime I get something good, no one else wants it or poo poos it or the player starts sucking. FML.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

RE: I dont get it.
the hobby is a crazy one, prism is still fairly new on the market and its a hot item. when gold standard was first released, im sure the lebron would have sold higher then $300, but the fact remains, you still have a nice lebron card that would sell for a few hundred.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

LOL. I feel your pain. Sometimes we will never understand what people find important. I'm more of an original type of collector. IMO Prizms are a replica version of Topps Chrome. Give it time and you will see prices drop.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Well I just did some trolling on the bay and I think it has to do with the scarcity of Gold Prizm's versus the 14k gold card of Gold Standard which have been selling around 50. Do you have the one's that are #49 or is it the one that is a Gold Card? Love to see a scan..

I was trolling the bay last night and noticed that prices have dropped drastically on many of the Gold Prizms in the last week or two. When they first came out I saw a Jared Sullinger go for a few hundred. Just silly.... (And I'm a Celtics fan). Wait a few months before comparing your rare cards to the Golds.

The first year of Gold Standard didn't have /49 14k gold. It was either /8 or /10 I think.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I guess that the reason they are going for so much is New hot shiny cards! If I remember correctly that is from 2011 or 10 and those used to sell very high. Btw Very Sweet card!

Did someone say PRIZM...

This bad boy cost me 22 smacks in the face. I think it's a cool looking cardSmile, but yea, it's like that sometimes for some damn reason. I get the same ANDREW luck don't worry. It's not just you.

[Image: 1992PaniniSticker.jpg]

These prizm parallels are something the basketball hobby hasnt had in a few years, and that is the refractor effect. The prices may drop a little, but I dont see anything new that Panini would come out that could top this set for the remainder of the season.

Besides, that gold in the card, weight less than 1 gram, and they dont even look that great compared to the prizm parallels.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

The Prizm cards, while overrated, do look very nice. Whereas I'm not a fan of the Gold Standard 'gold' cards.