`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
question about selling sets

question about selling sets
I bought a large collection of sets recently and am wanting to sell them. Most of them are from the late 1980s-mid 1990s and are brands like Topps, Score, Fleer, Triple Play, Ultra and that types of stuff.

Most are in boxes (pictured in scan) with a few of them in notebooks. My question is how should I go about selling them online? I thought about offering them for $2 plus shipping for each.

I also have a few others I'm thinking about selling. They are 2010 Topps Chrome with all inserts, 2011 Topps Chrome, 2008 UD Masterpieces base with SPs and complete black framed set.

Any thoughts on how I should sell any of these? Here's a scan of what they look like (and about how many I have). Some of them I have 2-3 sets of each. Some I just have 1. There's football, baseball, basketball and hockey. They're all complete.

After I bought them, I went through each one to make sure it was complete. Most of them were missing a couple of cards here and there (Jordans in basketball, RCs in baseball and football, etc.) But I went online and to card stores and finished them off.

So what should I do now? Thanks.

[Image: Cardsetshelve.jpg]

RE: question about selling sets
I don't have any experience selling, so I really have no advice for you. I just wanted to say I like the picture of how you organize and store your stuff. I'm big on organizing so I really enjoy seeing pictures like this. Big Grin
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

I would say on ebay and let them roll. You can probably make a few forum threads and try to sell them that way but I honestly dont think they would sell or sell for much.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-17-2012, 09:48 AM)nineof Wrote: I don't have any experience selling, so I really have no advice for you. I just wanted to say I like the picture of how you organize and store your stuff. I'm big on organizing so I really enjoy seeing pictures like this. Big Grin
I'm big on organizing too as I'm very OCD and have to have everything in a certain "place" I bought that shelf for like $2 at a flea market. It's metal and wobbly, but it works.
(12-17-2012, 10:29 AM)branesergen Wrote: I would say on ebay and let them roll. You can probably make a few forum threads and try to sell them that way but I honestly dont think they would sell or sell for much.
I'm not looking for much, only $2-$3 per set because of the era they're from. I thought about starting a thread on BO or SCF and seeing if I can get just a coupe of bucks for them. As long as someone pays shipping, I am fine with just a couple of bucks on each one.

My advice ... make sure you know exactly what it costs to ship them!

As in, pack it all up as if you were shipping it, then have the PO weigh it and tell you the exact cost.

Reason being, I sold some Topps hand-collated football sets last year ... the 2004 set went for like $16, the 2005 set went for like $19, and the 2006 set went for ...

Wait for it ...

99 cents.

I had just guessed around $7.99 for shipping, and it was closer to $11-12 to actually ship it ...

So I ended up paying some guy like $3 to take my set from me.

Very lame.

Maybe post years and set names and might get some interest here.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Can usually fit in a flat rate priority box if packaged right.

To the OP - BO and SCF and even here (Cant leave an avenue untapped) would be a good starting point then. Can even possibly try to trade any. The reason I mentioned ebay is simply because of the era - National audience vs an audience looking for mostly new or high end Wink But the forums are free and it never hurts to post!

(12-17-2012, 06:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My advice ... make sure you know exactly what it costs to ship them!

As in, pack it all up as if you were shipping it, then have the PO weigh it and tell you the exact cost.

Reason being, I sold some Topps hand-collated football sets last year ... the 2004 set went for like $16, the 2005 set went for like $19, and the 2006 set went for ...

Wait for it ...

99 cents.

I had just guessed around $7.99 for shipping, and it was closer to $11-12 to actually ship it ...

So I ended up paying some guy like $3 to take my set from me.

Very lame.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I will be posting the sets here, on SCF and on blowout in the next couple of days. Shipping will probably cost $9-$10 for one set and $12-$14 for 2-3 sets. Not sure yet.

On some of the smaller sets like Triple Play, I can probably ship them in team bags in a bubble mailer. It would be cheaper if they were sent that way instead of in a box.

But I will post all of the sets in the next couple of days. Like I said, all of them are complete. I went through and checked and double-checked once I picked up the cards that were missing. So they're all complete.

I like the idea of trading them (not sure what trade value to put on them as a set). I am wanting to do a run of Topps sets since I was born and can probably trade complete sets for Topps complete sets (I have 1986-1992, surprise, surprise).

Anyway, will get a list up in the next couple of days.

what are you looking for on the 08 ud masterpieces and is the Chrome football or baseball Lmk what you have for Football
Photobucket

(12-18-2012, 07:42 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote: what are you looking for on the 08 ud masterpieces and is the Chrome football or baseball Lmk what you have for Football
The Masterpieces is football and both the 2010 and 2011 Chrome are football. Also have 2010 Magic with all SPs. But I am thinking about holding on to that one. That was tough to complete with the chase of all SPs.