`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does anyone dwell in PSA vintage?

Does anyone dwell in PSA vintage?
I was thinking about doing a vintage set but was wondering something. Does the qualifiers take away from the set when building it in the registry? IE: OC, S, etc.

[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

RE: Does anyone dwell in PSA vintage?
What do you mean by "take away" from the set. IMO I would stay away from anything with a qualifier, I would rather have a 7 then an 8 with a qualifier.

I grabbed an MC recently. The grade would be much lower if not given the qualifier. However, the card is friggin sharp. Corners ridiculous, surface ridiculous - just so off center it would have graded a 1 or 2 on centering alone.

All I care about? Not trimmed and authentic.
(12-13-2012, 09:06 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: What do you mean by "take away" from the set. IMO I would stay away from anything with a qualifier, I would rather have a 7 then an 8 with a qualifier.
But would you rather have a 6 than a 1 on a 1952 card? It's authentic - and it's the only bad thing about it. It's not trimmed - it's packed pulled that way.

Not an argument - I'm just thrilled to have what I have - authentic/not trimmed.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(12-13-2012, 09:07 PM)ugameck Wrote: I grabbed an MC recently. The grade would be much lower if not given the qualifier. However, the card is friggin sharp. Corners ridiculous, surface ridiculous - just so off center it would have graded a 1 or 2 on centering alone.

All I care about? Not trimmed and authentic.

But would you rather have a 6 than a 1 on a 1952 card? It's authentic - and it's the only bad thing about it. It's not trimmed - it's packed pulled that way.

Not an argument - I'm just thrilled to have what I have - authentic/not trimmed.
I see what your saying, I just hate the qualifiers personally, its more personal preference than anything I think.

Yeah I'd stay away from qualifiers, when I look for them I won't buy anything with a qualifier because to me it's saying, well it's way off center but its got good corners. I mean if its off center then it's not an 8 it's a 5 or lower. As long as centering is a graded part of the card then I want it centered as well as possible
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I guess my point is this - I don't really care if I got a 8 over a 4 - as long as its an authentic/non trimmed card. I just want assurances that its legit. But - if I were collecting a high end set? No, OC/MC etc would not suffice at all - it is not a reflection of true grade.

Me personally - I only want authentics - I don't care about grade.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I'm thinking about starting the 1950 bowman football set, psa graded.

Forgive my stupidity but what do you guys mean by qualifier?
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

Let's say you sent in a 1933 Red Grange card, and it was badly off-centered. Instead of killing you on the card for being off-centered. PSA would go ahead and grade it as if that wasn't wrong with it and put "OC" under or above the grade (I forget which way it goes) and grade the rest of the card. So they don't hold it against you. They have a few different kinds of qualifiers.

(12-13-2012, 11:28 PM)sevans1979 Wrote: Forgive my stupidity but what do you guys mean by qualifier?

Ok, got it. Thanks man
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**