`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hamilton to the L.A. Angels

Hamilton to the L.A. Angels
The Angels just signed Josh Hamilton to a 5 year deal worth $125M.

That makes them tough!
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story...ource-says

RE: Hamilton to the L.A. Angels
As a Rangers fan, he is dead to me. I don't care that he is gone but not to our biggest rival! Good pick up for them though.

Interesting. Looks like the Angels are heatin' it up.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(12-13-2012, 03:29 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: As a Rangers fan, he is dead to me. I don't care that he is gone but not to our biggest rival! Good pick up for them though.
I hear ya I can't stand the angels but I trust Nolan and Daniels to know what thier doing rangers will be better for it less dstactions and no paid baby sitter for hamilton
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

The Rangers are my second-favorite team so this helps me out collecting-wise but not so much with the actual playing of the games. Guess it's time to mark all my Hamiltons for trade.

As a Rangers fan and a Hamilton fan I am torn. I am still going to collect Hamilton as I have since 2007. Its just going to be hard to watch him destroy us for 16+ games per season. I am also confused as to why the Rangers just didn't pay the guy. He is far and beyond your best player IMO, give him the money and years and go on. Just my .02.

Wow, the Angels will have Trout, Pujols and Hamilton in the same lineup. That's just nasty!

Anyone remember the last time the Rangers opened up the Bank for a slugging All-Star. They were willing to give him the money but just not at 5 years. As i have said loyalty is hard to come by from both ends be it player or management. Wouldn't it be something if the Angels missed the playoffs again. Would be be fair to lay-off the yankees about spending and spending and move that weak excuse to the other coast

(12-13-2012, 04:34 PM)rob024420 Wrote: As a Rangers fan and a Hamilton fan I am torn. I am still going to collect Hamilton as I have since 2007. Its just going to be hard to watch him destroy us for 16+ games per season. I am also confused as to why the Rangers just didn't pay the guy. He is far and beyond your best player IMO, give him the money and years and go on. Just my .02.
From what I've heard, the Angels' 5-year offer was a 'take it now or we'll retract it' kinda deal. The Rangers didn't get the chance to match it, though I'm not so sure they would have anyway.

I hope they can swing a trade for another impact outfielder. That lineup's not looking very intimidating at the moment.

As far as collecting goes, the Hamilton card dump from disgusted Ranger fans and opportunists alike has already begun . . . Should be good for true Josh fans looking to pick through some bargains.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos