`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"MAN CAVE" frustrations...with some pics.

"MAN CAVE" frustrations...with some pics.
Been debating on whether or not to display some of my PC stuff or just leave them in a box where they collect dust every two weeks until I glance at them...hmmm

So, I decided to bring out this stupid wooden display case thingy that I used to use for card shows way back when.

Brought it out because I had this "idea" that I thought was cool. Well, it didn't really turn out the way I was planning so it's probably going in the trash and the cards are more than likely going back into their dark hole until I decide on bringing them back out for a peekSad

The shelves are way too short, I only had these two lying around, and the Plexiglas in the front looks horrid in person...overall, it's hard to do a lot of creative things with patience when you have ADHD/OCD. lol

Here are some pics...

[Image: IMG_0401.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0405.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0406.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0407.jpg]

RE: "MAN CAVE" frustrations...with some pics.
I leave most of my cards in sports card shoeboxes... I am always afraid of the lights ruining the autos or colors from the printing...

I have no direct sunlight entering my house, except when I open the porch sliding glass doors.. my bedroom & living room have shades, but then I tacked up thick curtains to keep the hot sun out.. keeps my place very cool without turning on the AC...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

My mancave is also in a windowless room. I dont really display anything for the same reasons jpleazme805 mentions. I will have to admit mine is much messier than yours Smile

I mostly have my collection in super shoe boxes and 800 count cardboard boxes. The 800 count fit perfectly on my shelving in the closets. Ive also got 2 nice book shelves that fit binders perfectly. Those are almost full. All in all I think its safe to say I just have too many cards Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

[Image: IMAG0350_zps291b3448.jpg]

This use to be an old gun case that belonged to my dad. I took the glass doors off and built shelves for the cards. You could do the same with yours.

(12-14-2012, 09:42 PM)jwilliammoore Wrote: [Image: IMAG0350_zps291b3448.jpg]

This use to be an old gun case that belonged to my dad. I took the glass doors off and built shelves for the cards. You could do the same with yours.
Wow, yours turned out well. Very cool looking. Nah, I just went ahead and trashed it.

you lost man points for having a replica mona lisa picture in your man cave

(12-15-2012, 05:10 PM)davidanthony2k Wrote: you lost man points for having a replica mona lisa picture in your man cave
lol,,,

I that's why I took it down. We've had that thing for years. The wife had it as a computer/office. So I decided to change it.

I put all my cards back into their storage compartment and threw that thing in the trash.

I don't see the point in owning any cards if they are going to be hidden away in draws!
There is nothing better then watching TV in the man cave and looking across at your PC anytime you like!
I looked up online in the U.S, you guy's can buy an Ikea Deltolf Glass display case like mine for $64.99
I paid double that in Australia!
Get some L.E.D light strips(they will never damage your cards!)and some card stands and storage boxes to stack them up....
Here's a few pics....Sorry about the hi-jack!
[Image: IMG_0965.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0966.jpg]
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(12-15-2012, 07:55 PM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: I don't see the point in owning any cards if they are going to be hidden away in draws!
There is nothing better then watching TV in the man cave and looking across at your PC anytime you like!
I looked up online in the U.S, you guy's can buy an Ikea Deltolf Glass display case like mine for $64.99
I paid double that in Australia!
Get some L.E.D light strips(they will never damage your cards!)and some card stands and storage boxes to stack them up....
Here's a few pics....Sorry about the hi-jack!
[Image: IMG_0965.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0966.jpg]
I really hope you put a curtain over that thing!

A curtain for?
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]