Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Golden Moment Die-Cuts Question
Question 
Golden Moment Die-Cuts Question
Good Wednesday all! So I went ahead and requested the last of my Die-Cuts and received them earlier this week. My question, though, is what do most of you do with cards like this that have that awful-looking protective film? Do you leave it on or peel it off? Does peeling it off reduce value? I have a handful of other cards with this film still on them & I'm not quite sure what I should do with them either. Opinions?

[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Golden Moment Die-Cuts Question
I peeled the ones in my PC but left it on for the ones I may trade down the road.

Interested in the Howard if it's for trade.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Now I'm kinda glad I didn't land a Freese ... I was trying to trade for one so I had some more trade bait for you. As a test when I come across them again I'll pull the protective film on an old Finest basketball card I have and see what it does. I think I've got a Danny Ferry sitting around somewhere just waiting to be a test subject.
Kepler

(12-12-2012, 02:22 PM)zeprock Wrote: I peeled the ones in my PC but left it on for the ones I may trade down the road.

Interested in the Howard if it's for trade.
Hmm, that's a good idea. Thank you. And not that I'll ever trade the ones in my PCs either, I wonder if it affects the overall value of the card at all?

Also, although I don't think I'm going to trade them (as it's taken several months of trading on the site to get these), I did take a look to see if there was something that may change my mind...and as of now, unfortunately I didn't see anything. My apologies. But thank you for your reply to my question.

(12-12-2012, 02:42 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Now I'm kinda glad I didn't land a Freese ... I was trying to trade for one so I had some more trade bait for you. As a test when I come across them again I'll pull the protective film on an old Finest basketball card I have and see what it does. I think I've got a Danny Ferry sitting around somewhere just waiting to be a test subject.
lol, well I'd still like to get a Gold version to go with my Ozzie...or a base Ozzie to go with these. Good to hear from you, Jared!

COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

We'll get the gold in your hands and probably the Holliday jersey card, too. Just need to get my desk cleaned off so I can actually pull the m and get them marked into org. I've been neglecting my collection lately in favor of taking long naps. lol.
Kepler

I'm not sure. Maybe peel the ugly and crinkled ones and leave the rest on?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

If it were a finest from back in the Mid 90's. etc, when they put the peeling on them, I would say leave it as they are, but there are not too many collectors out there that care about the peeling being intact, unless they plan on having the card graded.

However, it doesn't really hurt they value that much if they are peeled, IMHO I think by leaving the peeling on when it looks that hideous, would hurt the value more, I say peel them and then penny sleeve and top load them.

As for the Hosmer, How bad is that upper left corner, or is that just the peel also?
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I store for long term and worry about the adhesive effect in ten years-so I always peel mine---I seriously doubt in ten years that there would be no residue or adverse effects by leaving it on. Just look at some of the products that the sticker has dried on such as pricing stickers-I realize that it is a different adhesive but it leaves residue. I always peel
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

I have the set from last year and I left the plastic sleeve on for those that had it. Of course, right now they are all just in a binder. If I ever put them in cases I will likely take the sleeves off.