`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK what am I missing here?

RE: OK what am I missing here?
I dont get it as well. People sure can blow some money on certain cards.

(12-12-2012, 07:44 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: Slow down rjcj, lol. Chrome has become classic. While Prizm have nice parallels, the base isn't that great to me. The product is basically another copy of products that other companies have done in the past IMO.
Prizm = Chrome on steroids

Gold Lillard just sold for $2,370.67

OK....so who is actually buying these cards for that much money? I have to believe that it is people with more dollars than sense. Nobody can honestly think that this card will hold that value or increase in value? At least with a major name auto / rookie you have that to fall back on. This is just a shinny piece of cardboard with a player on it that has not proven himself yet and most likely will be worth 1/100th of what was paid for it. I just don't understand some people?

(12-13-2012, 02:02 AM)edye1286 Wrote: OK....so who is actually buying these cards for that much money? I have to believe that it is people with more dollars than sense. Nobody can honestly think that this card will hold that value or increase in value? At least with a major name auto / rookie you have that to fall back on. This is just a shinny piece of cardboard with a player on it that has not proven himself yet and most likely will be worth 1/100th of what was paid for it. I just don't understand some people?
The Same people who spent a few G's on Jeremy Lin stuff last year. Lillard can ball and I am not denying that but for $2300 I am waiting until he has 25,000 points to spend that kind of bread on a non-auto inserts.
Lillard is hot RIGHT NOW and Prizm Golds are hot RIGHT NOW. So someone out there put the two together and vastly overspent IMO.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

And next year that same card will be $59.99.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(12-13-2012, 02:02 AM)edye1286 Wrote: OK....so who is actually buying these cards for that much money? I have to believe that it is people with more dollars than sense. Nobody can honestly think that this card will hold that value or increase in value? At least with a major name auto / rookie you have that to fall back on. This is just a shinny piece of cardboard with a player on it that has not proven himself yet and most likely will be worth 1/100th of what was paid for it. I just don't understand some people?
The reason I like basketball so much is it is the most "direct" sport — i.e., it's not a high school pitcher that you have to "project" what he will be like when he adds muscle/fills out, or the college quarterback who plays in a spread offense and can't play under center in the NFL.

What I'm saying is, with Lillard, it's pretty clear he'll be ROY, and most likely an All-Star, if not this year then very soon — basketball players, if they come out of the gate averaging close to 20/10, it's very rare that they ever regress.

But, as soon as next year's rookie class and cards come out he will join the ranks of Rose, Paul, Durant, etc., i.e. great players that really don't move the needle much unless they're PC guys.

Basically, the people that buy these have TONS of cash to blow, and they get these graded and then sell them to each other for even more profit, LOL.