`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bauer!!

Bauer!!
I have to say I haven't been this excited for an Indians offseason in a long, long time. I was so pumped after last night I bought 3 Bauer rookie cards and 2 Stubbs cards off of eBay. I don't really have anything legit to say, but as an Indians fan I wanted to share my excitement. We're all sad to see Choo go. He was a fan favorite and a hard working player. But, what we got in return...a lot of my friends aren't too excited, but they just need to wait and see how great Bauer can be. Stubbs too.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

RE: Bauer!!
Great trade for the Tribe IMO. It was clear the Dbacks didn't like Bauer and they traded him for 50 cents on the dollar.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I think Bauer got a raw deal...I think they may have brought him up too early. he should be pretty good long term, if he can shake off those few bad starts. It may be good to have a change in scenery. The tribe did good.

A friend of mine is good friends w/ a D'backs player and routinely flies to where they are to spend a couple days "hanging out". According to my buddy, everyone dislikes Bauer. Then his comments about the catcher couldn't have helped either. The organization was done w/ him in less than a year. Hopefully this is a wake up call to him.

Good trade for the Indians.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(12-12-2012, 07:13 PM)bigbov Wrote: A friend of mine is good friends w/ a D'backs player and routinely flies to where they are to spend a couple days "hanging out". According to my buddy, everyone dislikes Bauer. Then his comments about the catcher couldn't have helped either. The organization was done w/ him in less than a year. Hopefully this is a wake up call to him.
Yeah he wore out his welcome pretty quick, he is gonna be a great pitcher but he has a lot of growing up to do. He is still a kid though so gotta allow him to grow and the dbacks failed to do so. He will make them pay I'm sure! Matt Albers was amazing for the dbacks out of the pen so don't forget about him guys, major upgrade to your pen! Shaw is shaky but has electric stuff so watch out for him too, when and if he puts it all together look out, nasty stuff!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I really hope Bauer will be a step in the right direction for Indians pitching. They really need it. Maybe too much so. Hopefully he won't become the pipe dream Ubaldo has been.

As a Reds fan, I'm excited to watch Choo play. Stubbs was not getting it done in Cincy. Choo will be a great bridge to Billy Hamilton. Go Reds!
[Image: rattboycopy.jpg]

I NEVER trade Bowman Chrome cards, just so you know Big Grin

The Tribe had tried to resign Choo, but Boras clearly wasn't going to let that happen, so for one year of Choo we got 6 years of Bauer and 3 of Stubbs. If, and I realize it's a big if, we can sign Swisher to replace Choo in RF, the Tribe will have positioned themselves very well to challenge in the weak division. Still gotta topple the Tigers, but at least we'll have a chance.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!