IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2012 National Treasures preview

2012 National Treasures preview
Click the link to see preview images http://bit.ly/RlayZG

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Football Editor

Panini America is gearing up for its top football product with National Treasures.

The popular release – scheduled to come out in March – will include all of the top rookies from 2012, and a good mix of autographs from veterans and retired stars – something football collectors haven’t seem much of this card season.

“Panini America officials will play on the strength of a spectacular rookie class in hopes of making 2012 National Treasures Football the most powerful edition in the brand’s proud seven-year history,” the company wrote on its blog.

It won’t be all about the rookies. NFL Greatest Signatures (retired players) and Virtuoso Signatures (current veterans) feature on-card autographs numbered to 50 or less.

Many football products this season have relied heavily on the 2012 rookie class, and National Treasures probably won’t be different. However, many collectors welcome the addition of more veterans and retired autographs.

Panini is using its Football Hall of Fame license in National Treasures, highlighting HOF athletes on special gold autographed patch cards.

Each wooden box of 2012 National Treasures Football will come with three autographs, three memorabilia cards and two base or parallels cards. The base set will consists of 200 cards (100 current stars, 100 legends), 100 Rookie Signatures and 35 Rookie Signature Materials.

There will be additional autographs and memorabilia cards in National Treasures.

What else?

We’ll just have to wait and find out. In the meantime, check out the preview gallery of NT below.
Beckett Football and Hockey Editor
Email: SusanL@beckett.com
Twitter: @YanxChick

RE: 2012 National Treasures preview
Looks kinda blah this year :|
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

The RPA's are absolutely terrible. I saw them the other dag when they released the info. Really disappointed in panini on this one. They will still sell because its luck and rgIII but Panini could have done better. The RPAs look like something you'd find in prestige and not a 400-500 dollar box

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that's the first time NT's base design hasn't been at least 75% "sorry you didn't get the auto/jersey version, chump" dead space, so there's that.
I think I've finally lost interest.