`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Significant Goalie Jersey A Lot of "Firsts": Rangers and Goalie Fans Enter!

Significant Goalie Jersey A Lot of "Firsts": Rangers and Goalie Fans Enter!
So, last week I showed everyone my Mika Noronen jersey, used by him during his very short stint with the Canucks. As promised, today, I present to you a significant jersey of a relatively unknown goaltender named Chad Johnson.

He was draftd by Pittsburgh and played six NHL games in his career (so far), from 2009-10 to 2010-11.

This jersey that I am about to show you, was worn in his first ever NHL start, a 2-1 shootout loss against the Atlanta Thrashers on January 7, 2010, the game in which he also recorded his first NHL point. He also recorded his first NHL win in this jersey.

This jersey was worn in 4 of his 6 career games, and it is the one featured on almost all of his NHL issued hockey cards.

So here is the front parts of the jersey:

[Image: johnsonAfront.jpg]

[Image: johnsonAfrontcenter.jpg]

[Image: johnsonAfrontleft.jpg]

[Image: johnsonAfrontleftsleeve.jpg]

[Image: johnsonAfrontrightsleeve.jpg]

And the back:

[Image: johnsonback.jpg]

[Image: johnsonbackright.jpg]

[Image: johnsonbackrightsleeve.jpg]

And even though it is not exactly necessary since he wore it for 66% of his career games, here is a photomatch from his first career start:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-ph...o/95681320

Don't argue if you "don't see the marks", this is Meigray certified as being this jersey, so don't be the celebrated professor who has to change the world by trying to shatter someone else's.

RE: Significant Goalie Jersey A Lot of "Firsts": Rangers and Goalie Fans Enter!
Stellar pick-up, Bruce. Why the hostility? A COA from MeiGray is as good as gold, and who cares what the poop-disturbers think? I think that you got a sweet-butt jersey for the PC!

Randi

(12-05-2012, 08:39 PM)rayeates Wrote: Stellar pick-up, Bruce. Why the hostility? A COA from MeiGray is as good as gold, and who cares what the poop-disturbers think? I think that you got a sweet-butt jersey for the PC!

Randi
Thanks for the compliment Randi, much appreciated as always Smile

The hostility is geared towards those people who try to suspend belief despite overwhelming evidence against their side. Just irritates me when I get PMs through my website, Facebook, + more saying that it "must be fake" or that "there's no way that those photos are of that jersey", etc.

That and I've been trying to polish my darn duty boots for the last hour and it never wants to get shiny enough for inspection standards.

Bruce - pay no mind to the jersey haters. If someone is calling the jersey a fake when it has MeiGray tagging especially when purchased directly from MeiGray (which is what you did with this, right?), they don't know what they're talking about... I remember having someone on another one of those sites try to buy a ITG H&P Colborne Gold Jersey from me for like $6 and when I (probably not so kindly) told him no, he proceeded to call all my jerseys garbage... ha ha.. yeah.. ALL of them.. ha ha..

If you can get your hands on a high res copy of that getty pic (which is very do-able), it should be a very fast photomatch
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

Bruce being a Rangers fan I can appreciate this jersey. Smile He made a nasty save in that game as well. Nice pick up.

http://youtu.be/72bYskF4bDA
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Nice pick up for the collection!!!

Nice game used jersey
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

great pick up of Chad gamer... I saw him play in Hartford when I lived in CT on and off

congrats Bruce
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, that video highlight is also insane. Fun to imagine that the jersey on the back of my chair right now is the same one in the video.

(12-05-2012, 11:07 PM)phildo37 Wrote: Bruce - pay no mind to the jersey haters. If someone is calling the jersey a fake when it has MeiGray tagging especially when purchased directly from MeiGray (which is what you did with this, right?), they don't know what they're talking about... I remember having someone on another one of those sites try to buy a ITG H&P Colborne Gold Jersey from me for like $6 and when I (probably not so kindly) told him no, he proceeded to call all my jerseys garbage... ha ha.. yeah.. ALL of them.. ha ha..

If you can get your hands on a high res copy of that getty pic (which is very do-able), it should be a very fast photomatch
I hear what you're saying and yes, I did purchase this directly from Meigray's site knowing this information about it as well.