`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Good places to buy 90's Unopened?

Good places to buy 90's Unopened?
Anyone know of good sites to pick up some mid 90s unopened material?

I know Dave and Adam's and Blowout Cards but never ordered from either. I use BBCE often but they are more geared toward the 80's and vintage and much better for baseball and football.

Any recommendations for quality products to rip in the $50-$150/box range? Something that yields MJs would be nice Wink

RE: Good places to buy 90's Unopened?
Ok, so no recommendations on places to buy from... How about some solid boxes to rip that have some nice possible mj hits up to $175-200/box?

as the resident old-school box buster here, I gotta say that eBay, if you're willing to be patient, will yield you the same boxes for, on average, 10-15% less than the big card websites that, understandably, focus on newer products.

For MJs, the boxes with his PMGs, rubies, flair legacies and other high-dollar inserts from the late 90's have all skyrocketed, particularly in the 96-97 (read: Kobe RC) year. Obviously you're just taking a flyer and hoping to hit something.

I'm personally fond of refractors and have pulled two nice MJ refractors out of 97-98 Bowman's Best, but neither booked higher than $60, which was about the cost of the whole box (they run closer to $70 now).

More expensive stuff? Pick up a box of MJx. Guaranteed all Jordans! My wife found one for $250 this summer and I pulled over 90 new MJs for my PC, including one of the gold timepieces /23 that graded out at a 9 even after being in a box for 14 years. They're almost one per box. Most boxes yield two of the bronze ones /230 as well, I only pulled one.

Lastly, really any UD product from 98-99 has lots of potential low-numbered MJ parallels since it was just after he retired...again haha. Some of those boxes can be had around $80-$100.

Good luck either way!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I too have been having an itch for busting open some 90's boxes. But buckunteer is dead on. Boxes with his PMG's, Rubies, Credentials, etc. are VERY expensive and rarely are available. And with those 90's ultra high odds... you can pretty much count on NOT pulling those rare Serial #'d inserts, especially a Jordan.

Thanks for the great information. I just have an itch to rip some packs. My favorite era is the 80s but I've torn through just about everything at some point. Yet to rip an 86 fleer but at 350-400 a pack its just not worth it.

None of the early 90s stuff has much value but a shaq or mj beam team is always a fun chase... I may look out for that 97 bowmans or that mj box. I would love a 95-96 finest series one but don't see them too often. Also loved the 97-98 ultra.
Any input on 96-97 finest series 1 or bowmans of the same year?

those two boxes are tough to get for under $200, even on the 'bay. I'd go 97-98 finest series one if you want MJs. that was the year/series of his gold embossed refractor that books way over $5k and those boxes are cheaper (usually around $130-$150) cause it's not Kobe's RC year. I almost never spend over $100 on a box, but the next time I do, that's likely to be it!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

of the two sites you mentioned, dacardworld has the far better range for 90's stuff. Blowout tends to focus more on the recent stuff.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(12-06-2012, 07:21 PM)taffster74 Wrote: of the two sites you mentioned, dacardworld has the far better range for 90's stuff. Blowout tends to focus more on the recent stuff.
Absolutely. They have a couple products, like 96-97 Topps, where you'll easily hit multiple Kobe RCs and there are some decent insert possibilities. I pulled a Drexler mystery finest borderless refractor out of a box of those at one time, along with 3-4 Kobes. I also had a bit of luck with Pittsburgh Sports Wholesale. They don't have much selection, but they had 20-pack lots of 96-97 UD for I think $25. I pulled a couple Kobe RCs and an MJ Fast Break Connections insert (I already had it, but it was nice trade bait!).

Incidentally I just "accidentally" bought a 97-98 Finest box on the 'bay! Put my usual bid in and it actually won! $105. First box I've seen go under $120 in a few months. I do have the money, but that's the end of my budget until the Christmas money rolls in! There are a couple more up right now. I won't be going after them, so bid away! Smile

(12-06-2012, 11:27 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Absolutely. They have a couple products, like 96-97 Topps, where you'll easily hit multiple Kobe RCs and there are some decent insert possibilities. I pulled a Drexler mystery finest borderless refractor out of a box of those at one time, along with 3-4 Kobes. I also had a bit of luck with Pittsburgh Sports Wholesale. They don't have much selection, but they had 20-pack lots of 96-97 UD for I think $25. I pulled a couple Kobe RCs and an MJ Fast Break Connections insert (I already had it, but it was nice trade bait!).

Incidentally I just "accidentally" bought a 97-98 Finest box on the 'bay! Put my usual bid in and it actually won! $105. First box I've seen go under $120 in a few months. I do have the money, but that's the end of my budget until the Christmas money rolls in! There are a couple more up right now. I won't be going after them, so bid away! Smile
Son of a... I was bidding on that and fell asleep at the wheel. I lobbed in a high bid of 100 and was going to watch it but went to the gym and completely forgot. Please post some scans and rip something awesome!!!

Haha I did the same thing! I put up 111.11 just b/c it's easy to type in, but never wins. I went to a local basketball court where some guys get together to play pick up on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Checked my e-mail when I got back and was stunned that I won it.

There are series one and series two boxes going low at the moment, good luck grabbing one if you decide to go for it!