`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Current player that will best hold their value?

Current player that will best hold their value?
What current players cards will have the best chance of holding their value or increasing their value in 15 years. Buy them today and pull them out in 15 years and see who has appreciated the most? Current stars, hot shot rookies or future Hall of Famers? Throw out some names! Baseball only.
Photobucket

RE: Current player that will best hold their value?
Miguel Cabrera, Derek Jeter, guys like that come to mind.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Jeter.... Jeter and well Jeter. 15 years from now playing days will be over and no chance on hurting his value plus he is a shoe in HOFer.

Yeah, I completely agree, RobbinsDynasty.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

I think McCutchen has a bright future for his cards....and yeah....Jeter. I'm trying to collect some of Jeter's more rare BGS Rookie cards before they become even more unreachable in price over the next couple of years.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

that's a tough one because there really are only a few players who's card values have remained the same or gotten higher as the years have gone by. and those are the gods of the sports...i'm talking mantle, ruth, and the likes of those names.

even a michael jordan rookie is losing value as the years go by and there are more out there to purchase or kids now a days who never got to see him play...of course, a bgs 9 or higher will always be in demand...but it's sad to see that upper deck has exploited his auto so much that you can't even make back the price of half a case even if you do pull has auto.

the likes of jeter will eventually lose value because they'll always be another wunderkind who will take his place. a card's value only goes up at the start of a player's ascent, then when they hit certain records or bench marks (i.e. 50 hrs), they get a little bump towards the end of their careers, but then settles down and loses value. fifteen years from now? even though he's an ultimate yankee, he'll still take a dip.

honestly, i'm going to say no one of the current players will ever retain their value. at best it will only be worth 65% of their value. sad reality, but that's what i think...

All of the guys you mentioned, Ziveus101, I agree with you on.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Nice additions of Pujols and Ichiro. Interesting thing is I wonder how many autos i can get from pujols this weekend at a charity event and how well they make out for trade value or resale value. I am going to keep a couple for my kids but also looking to move a couple to add some PC stuff

I agree with the people who say Jeter. He's a baseball icon and played his whole career in NYC. That fact alone means there will always be a market for him. On top of that, he's been known as a clean player.

Also, while I'd like to give it another year, I think Harper/Trout are likely the talents of their generation. They are such complete players at such a young age, I see them maintaining (or even improving) their performance over the next 10-15+ years.

Also, I think Dylan Bundy will be the next Verlander. Pitchers are tough to predict, but he seems to have all the tools to be a longtime ace.

A guy I think is undervalued right now is Mike Stanton (which is fine by me since I collect him). He's only 23 and has 40 HR power. He'll probably have over 300 HR by the time he's 30, which would put him on an early HOF track.

The other two guys I collect (Verlander and Cabrera) have decent early shots at the HOF. They both need another 5 star-caliber years, which is not always a given.

Another guy I don't collect who I like is Longoria. He's locked up for a longtime and has a good chance of remaining a star for many years.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I agree with what Kenny said fully.
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!