`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
cards or autographs??

cards or autographs??
Would you rather own a high end autograph or a high end vintage baseball card??

RE: cards or autographs??
If it was the same player (card/auto wise), I'd have to go with an auto.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

vintage baseball card. why? simple:

the majority of high end autos - especially of older players - are fakes. even the stuff from JSA and other authenticators. for instance: mantle not only signed a lot, but his signature is remarkably easy to fake, and it's extremely hard for authenticators to tell a decent fake from the real thing

(12-03-2012, 12:49 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: vintage baseball card. why? simple:

the majority of high end autos - especially of older players - are fakes. even the stuff from JSA and other authenticators. for instance: mantle not only signed a lot, but his signature is remarkably easy to fake, and it's extremely hard for authenticators to tell a decent fake from the real thing
Very good point. But if choosing between a 21st century auto or vintage... It all depends on the player
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

Definetaly I would go with vintage because the look and feel of having the card of lets say Hank Aaron is very different from having a card with a signature that could be faked or easily removed

I would go with a card every time. I only collect autographs on cards. The ones on baseballs, bats, jerseys and paper look awesome but they are just not what I collect and thus don't appeal to me. An auto on a card may not be as valuable as an auto on a piece of memorabilia but I don't care. If it doesn't fit into a protective card holder, I don't want to try and find a place to store it.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

vintage all the way...autographs can always be had but every vintage card has a back story of surviving for 50 plus years. holding those vintage cards just puts you back in a simpler time

I said auto assuming both it and the vintage card are authentic.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I would have said auto up until I started getting into vintage. The vintage are just pretty cool to have.