`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Basketball TTM newbie. Suggestions

Basketball TTM newbie. Suggestions
I've decided to take on the TTM hobby. The problem is that I am a fan of the players from the 80s and 90s who are no longer in the league. I've not found many addresses easily on the internet, besides mailing to their former teams.

There are a handful of websites that claim to have addresses, but I don't know if they are legit, and most require a payment or membership. Before I dish out cash, I was wondering if any one particular site is better than others? Particularly for HOF basketball players.

I've had one TTM success already, of a former college coach, which has me excited and craving more!

RE: Basketball TTM newbie. Suggestions
Only way i can think of is to try through the NBA itself. I know there are quite a few former players on team staff lists, so that would be a start. Ewing is the Assistant Coach at Orlando, Detlef Schrempf is on the recruiting staff for portland i believe, Avery Johnson Head Coach at Brooklyn....

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(12-01-2012, 04:38 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Only way i can think of is to try through the NBA itself. I know there are quite a few former players on team staff lists, so that would be a start. Ewing is the Assistant Coach at Orlando, Detlef Schrempf is on the recruiting staff for portland i believe, Avery Johnson Head Coach at Brooklyn....
Schrempf is also a managing partner at a financial advisory firm in seattle i believe...

Patrick Ewing is no longer on the Orlando Magic coaching staff. He is currently focusing on his shoe brand right now.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Jchavez, I wasn't aware of that. Folkert, that makes sense with Schrempf, I believe his degree was in finance or business management. either way, OP, you're best bet would be to find out which former NBA players are on team staff and approach them via the teams then go from there.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(12-03-2012, 03:17 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Folkert, that makes sense with Schrempf, I believe his degree was in finance or business management.
http://www.coldstream.com/detlef-schrempf here you go

Alex English is a Kings assistant coach.

Interesting, thanks for the thoughts! Some I'd like to try include Spud Webb, Chris Webber, Joe Smith, Rasheed Wallace, John Stockton, Alonzo Mourning, Hakeem.