`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You've asked for it, so here it is

RE: You've asked for it, so here it is
Epic Thread. Stunning Collection. Congratulations !

might this stuff be worth a million? I think so crazy good!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

More of the same for today's update:

[Image: Zforce.jpg][Image: ToppsStars.jpg][Image: Bowman.jpg][Image: SPx.jpg][Image: SP2.jpg][Image: Finest1.jpg][Image: Finest2.jpg][Image: EX.jpg][Image: SP-1.jpg][Image: Flair2.jpg]
[Image: Sig_zps7c9cccea.jpg]

jesh...I give up.

Where and how do you do it?

You win. You have the best Jordan collection period.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

...now the sickest MJ collection I have ever seen and I am in total awe.
[Image: ga.jpg]

Holy X-mas ! Sun is shining on a winter evening.

Would you mind giving us a little insight about the collecting habits of high end MJ collectors around the century mark ? How was it acquiring such tough cards ? Did you use the internet and eBay, a nice card shop around the corner, spending hours at shows, trading with other collectors, busting boxes, etc. ?
At the end of the day, even a well funded collector today, would need years to accumulate such a near-complete collection of Jordan 90s.

Would be great to get some info from, what seems today like, a different era of collecting.

(12-14-2012, 04:53 AM)craigconway Wrote: Holy X-mas ! Sun is shining on a winter evening.

Would you mind giving us a little insight about the collecting habits of high end MJ collectors around the century mark ? How was it acquiring such tough cards ? Did you use the internet and eBay, a nice card shop around the corner, spending hours at shows, trading with other collectors, busting boxes, etc. ?
At the end of the day, even a well funded collector today, would need years to accumulate such a near-complete collection of Jordan 90s.

Would be great to get some info from, what seems today like, a different era of collecting.
When I first started collecting, it was mainly at LCS and shows. That was until 1997 when I first started on Ebay. That changed everything in a flash. Those cards that you would almost never see at shows or in shops were right there for the taking. That meant a complete change in buying habits and I pretty much bought most of my collection on Ebay.

I used to buy boxes too, but never had a big Jordan hit in any of them. I did find some pretty good cards which could be used as trade bait, and I also sold some on Ebay.

So in the end, I guess the hobby hasn't changed much from the days I used to collect, but the main change is the price of some of those cards.

Today's update will be slightly different. As I said, I only collect Jordan cards, but at the time I also picked up some older RCs of all-time greats:

[Image: BillRussellRC_zps3a40e04a.jpg][Image: BillRussellRC_back_zps206a4362.jpg][Image: JerryWestRC_zps0a75ac0c.jpg][Image: JerryWestRC_back_zps57e2d45d.jpg][Image: WiltRC_zpsa012de88.jpg][Image: WiltRC_back_zps5d9b69cb.jpg]

And now a few more Jordan graded cards:

[Image: ROY.jpg][Image: Rave.jpg][Image: Chrome-1.jpg][Image: Champ.jpg]

I am amazed and dumbfounded. I looked like Alton Lister (#53) when I finished the first set of scans.

(12-17-2012, 12:29 AM)laugustin Wrote: I am amazed and dumbfounded. I looked like Alton Lister (#53) when I finished the first set of scans.
Great picture!

For today's update, more symptoms of that sickness called the completist disease. The gaps are holes that HAVE to be filled...

[Image: Encore1_zps42fe68b0.jpg][Image: Encore2_zpse189d9ae.jpg][Image: Encore3_zps71e0f296.jpg][Image: Encore1_back_zpsca363585.jpg][Image: Encore2_back_zps251a8c4c.jpg][Image: Encore3_back_zps99f77689.jpg][Image: MJ23Encore1_zps5fd5be93.jpg][Image: MJ23Encore2_zpsfecb5992.jpg][Image: MJ23Encore1_back_zps5778d652.jpg][Image: MJ23Encore2_back_zps364c267d.jpg]